SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2006 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2006 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 10-07-06, 12:49 PM   #21
Mogs

AR05 was so much fun that I wanted to go again, it just didn't work out. It wont put me off going next year (fingers crossed). Comments on riding need to be voiced, if it is to remain a fun and safe event.

Old 10-07-06, 01:05 PM   #22
Jabba

Default Re: AR06 - too many overtaking risks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid
I think we ought to make this clear - most participants, by an enormous margin, rode in a manner that gave no-one else cause for complaint. I wouldn't like to think that this discussion would turn anyone away from participating in future events, it simply wasn't a worry for most riders at all, and for the rest not for most of the time - I'm sure about this.
Absolutely

Old 10-07-06, 01:05 PM   #23
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

I'll hold my hands up. There were two overtakes that I did that were less than perfect and I remember them both because when it happened I was in my helmet berating myself and knew what the problem/issue was with both overtakes. As far as I know I only upset one person which I have apologised for (Sorry again Mac99 )

I did work my way from the back to the front on the last two instalments of the day but each time I overtook I checked mirrors, indicated and then looked behind me before pulling out to overtake so I know for a fact that I never pulled out infront of anyone (which I did see happen a couple of times). If I pulled in too close for comfort infront of anyone then I apologise, I always saw what gap I was going to pull into before overtaking and thought it was acceptable each time.

Look right-> <-Look Left
Old 10-07-06, 01:08 PM   #24
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR06 - too many overtaking risks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba-the-Hutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid
I think we ought to make this clear - most participants, by an enormous margin, rode in a manner that gave no-one else cause for complaint. I wouldn't like to think that this discussion would turn anyone away from participating in future events, it simply wasn't a worry for most riders at all, and for the rest not for most of the time - I'm sure about this.
Absolutely
Agreed

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 10-07-06, 01:37 PM   #25
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

I know my place .
Old 10-07-06, 01:54 PM   #26
rictus01
Mega Poster

Indeed as Ian (Squid) said, I too peculated though the group a few times and found just by waiting a few moments most picked me up in their mirrors before I went passed, the standard on the whole was very good, and better than I’d expected, most had a smooth pleasurable rideout, and all made it back in one piece, I think that says a lot.

it's always evolving so next years should be even better

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 10-07-06, 01:58 PM   #27
Stig

I gotta say that my mirrors are crappy crap crap. I couldn't see anyone in my mirrors until they were just about passed.

Need new ones any way so Busters here I come.

Old 10-07-06, 02:04 PM   #28
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
I gotta say that my mirrors are crappy crap crap. I couldn't see anyone in my mirrors until they were just about passed.

Need new ones any way so Busters here I come.
yeah but don't you need panoramic ones turned through 90%

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 10-07-06, 02:13 PM   #29
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

There were a few dodgy overtakes and speed issues going through towns (30 limit) but on the whole everyone rode with impeccable manners, most moving over to let a faster rider through etc. But as already it was just a couple of people that i thought were persistant offenders.

there were a lot of people and all had varying degrees of ability and may have just been some errors of judgement

Anyway everyone had fun twas a great weekend
Old 10-07-06, 02:35 PM   #30
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

The ride, as Squid said, was 99% brilliant and i had a great time.

There was a point where i was about 3 or 4 behind John (leader) and looking forward to dropping off to mark the route so i could also get some pics and video of all the bikes comming past.

i was suprised to get overtaken that close to the front of the pack tbh, but i did think either these peeps wanna be markers really badly or they just haven't realised just how close to the front they are.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P