SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-05-07, 06:48 PM   #21
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: Look what I found in the Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkytfg View Post
robs puts out 83ish SAE IIRC on a dynapro dyno which will equate to 88ish on a dynajet one.
I'd call 82 pretty conservative... You can see just under 80rw on a DJ machine with standard bores and mildly modified carbs, good intake and exhaust work, and cams... And yep, obviously DJ random factor applies but that's not an outrageous number for that sort of work. If you were to take it to a typical dyno-in-a-dealership you'd get quoted 85
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 07:45 PM   #22
chunkytfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650Racer View Post
Chunks a Girl....ok possibly!!!

ok ill get me coat

oh and no more cheesy grin photos ok!
you make comments like that and then expect me not to post up cheesy grin pictures?
Old 04-05-07, 07:47 PM   #23
chunkytfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
I'd call 82 pretty conservative... You can see just under 80rw on a DJ machine with standard bores and mildly modified carbs, good intake and exhaust work, and cams... And yep, obviously DJ random factor applies but that's not an outrageous number for that sort of work. If you were to take it to a typical dyno-in-a-dealership you'd get quoted 85
Fair enough. I'm half tempted top actually take my bike to a dynojet dyno just for a laugh and see what kind of figure i can get them to say it is.

I had my bike dyno'd at cadwell last weekend and it was 79.64Bhp SAE but when they uncorrected it I had over 91. do you rekon i could get a dynojet one to show over 100, coz that would be a cool figure to quote
Old 04-05-07, 10:09 PM   #24
Robw#70

Last year Mine made 84(SAE) on the Dynapro and it hovered around that all year and made 92hp(EEC) at PDQ on a Dynojet 250, but dont forget the checks at the circuit are done post race, where the bike is essentially overheated by the time it has been sat waiting to go on the dyno, the tyres are alot hotter and at a lower pressure than if it were being mapped/setup and with only one run after just being started, there's actually less in it than 8hp (and different correction factors dont forget).
When I did the Hornets a few years back the circuit dyno was always 5-6hp down from a 'proper' dyno and they were both the same model (and before you go there about differences between same model dyno's, when the bike was run in the 'same' way ie warmed up then a decent number of base runs the figures were virtually the same, until the inferior cooling of the circuit dyno showed and the power tailed off).
But more importantly before it was tuned it made 64 and after it made 84 on the same dyno!

As for cost..
I'd rather not say as I did it myself, so its only the cost of the parts plus the original bike......
And I may want to sell it one day

The Flatslides made a massive difference and the cams Imho with the 700cc kit are probably better with std injection setup in and ex, ther is a gain in the midrange with the swap but its not as apparent when 700 and the injected cams hold the revs a little longer instead of tailing off early.

Front end wise I ran the first half of last year with std 750K5 and they were good, allbeit a bit limited on adjustment and they did patter a little bit occaisionally, but not to any great extent, but once re-valved this disappeared altogether.

As for Sarah, what can I say! Top ride at Cadwell and I think i'd better sort some practice out before Assen, She matched my times from last year and I was being towed/scrapping with james who's done 37's, wheras she was out on her own !!

Last edited by Robw#70; 04-05-07 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-05-07, 11:05 PM   #25
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkytfg View Post
do you rekon i could get a dynojet one to show over 100, coz that would be a cool figure to quote
Heh, probably not far off... There used to be a dealer up here that were obviously aiming to please, they ran a standard SV on it one day and managed to get 77bhp at the rear wheel I think there must have been a big dial on that one with modifiers on But that wasn't a DJ machine, think it was a Fuchs?

I know you're a DJ-knocker, but the place I use has always been consistent, not to mention that they're not afraid to tell you reeeeealy low numbers, like when my Renegade airkit was sabotaging mine and it was down on power from stock "That, mate, is ****ed.". They've got no reason to flatter, unlike a lot of dealers, tuners etc.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-07, 12:39 AM   #26
kcowgergmm

great bike i would like to have a race bike
Old 05-05-07, 11:42 AM   #27
Knaapie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robw#70 View Post

As for Sarah, what can I say! Top ride at Cadwell and I think i'd better sort some practice out before Assen, She matched my times from last year and I was being towed/scrapping with james who's done 37's, wheras she was out on her own !!
You're coming to Assen as well for the DCR? Will probably see you there, as I intend to come and watch the races on sunday.
Old 05-05-07, 02:04 PM   #28
SV650Racer

knappie - do come and say hi, we will all be parked up together. Chunks is comming too as spanner man (better start being nice to him now!!).

Will have big blue truck with yellow awning and Steve Jordan Suzuki on the side of it!
Old 05-05-07, 02:27 PM   #29
chunkytfg

Post Re: Look what I found in the Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650Racer View Post
knappie - do come and say hi, we will all be parked up together. Chunks is comming too as spanner man (better start being nice to him now!!).

Will have big blue truck with yellow awning and Steve Jordan Suzuki on the side of it!

Yes you better had!!
Old 06-05-07, 07:45 PM   #30
Knaapie

@sv650racer: Will certainly do!

@Robw#70: Do you have a close-up photo of your rearsets? Would really like to see them.