SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-08-08, 03:34 PM   #21
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Suzuki GSXR750 K6-7 vs Suzuki Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Jesus View Post
No one has mentioned the GSXR has a slipper clutch
Mine doesnt thats why I didnt mention it

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-08, 03:37 PM   #22
Twinny

The 675 is a great 600 class bike (allways rated top 3 in shoot outs) and a great leap for british built uk bikes

But every mag I pick up says the GSXR 750 IS the ultimate allround superbike ,it gets rated for comfort,handling, etc etc seems to get praised in everthing i read

And for me there would be no choice but the GSXR 750

Just my op
Old 22-08-08, 03:56 PM   #23
DanAbnormal

Wow. What a diffiuclt choice. The Jap bike wins comfort, no doubt, the '07 gixxer is like riding a sporty armchair. Power delivery from the 750 is brilliant low down and phenomenal when you give it welly. I didn't have the courage to pin the throttle on the demo bike. The 675, well, the noise is fantastic even with stock can, with aftermarket can it's just addictive and you want to howl around everywhere. Power delivery is linear, it's stonking everywhere in the rev range, a little bit like a peaky Vtwin with grunt everywhere. It's tall and uncomfortable though. I'm 5'8 and while I wasn't quite tip-toeing I couldn't put the feet on the floor. Handling on both is similar, very light, very flickable and very planted. Kneedown antics no problem on either. For real world biking and longer journeys get the gixxer 750, if it's mainly track use and blasts get the Daytona. That's what my head says. My heart would go for the Trumpet everytime.

I guess you are not interested in a CBR600RR? Still very pricey but the 07/08 model beats both bikes on all counts except looks, but looks are a personal thing.
Old 22-08-08, 04:00 PM   #24
Tim in Belgium

I'm wanting a bit more grunt than your IL4 SS600, fantastic though they are, and would prefer a 675 over any of the other SS600. Some interesting points from a lot of people so far, very useful.
Old 22-08-08, 04:04 PM   #25
pepe

[/IMG]I picked up a k6 750 a few weeks ago and must say it's probably the best bike I've ridden to date. Had a zx6r before and thought it handled great, the 750 handles just as great, feels as light as a 600 but has got enough power to keep me on my toes ( a 1000cc would be wasted on me ). Most of what I read about the 750 and people who I've spoken to ( not just owners ) say it the best road bike at the moment. I haven't tried the 675 so can't give an opinion on it, I was looking to get one but went with the 750 instead..

Last edited by pepe; 22-08-08 at 04:12 PM.
Old 22-08-08, 04:08 PM   #26
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
I'm wanting a bit more grunt than your IL4 SS600, fantastic though they are, and would prefer a 675 over any of the other SS600. Some interesting points from a lot of people so far, very useful.
Just as an aside, I saw some tests with the new CBR600RR and the Gixxer 750. There was almost nothing in it speedwise. The Honda is a beast of a 600.

I'd still get the Trumpet though.
Old 22-08-08, 04:58 PM   #27
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
The 999 have a much much better reputation for reliability.
Use a Duke and they will be good, if you buy a Duke to be a sunny Sunday only bike no matter what the age expect the gremlins to appear.

Old 22-08-08, 06:08 PM   #28
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAbnormal View Post
Just as an aside, I saw some tests with the new CBR600RR and the Gixxer 750. There was almost nothing in it speedwise. The Honda is a beast of a 600.

I'd still get the Trumpet though.
Tim, if you get a chance it would be worth trying the RR. I had a go on a mate's RR5 (maybe 50-100 miles of twisties so a fair bit) and was quite impressed by it's poke. I thought it was better than the K7 600 I had, but not sure how it compares to the 750 (I was on the CBR at the time).

Would be worth giving them all a test ride if they are there - the RR7/RR8 as Dan mentions are supposed to be quite a leap engine wise - I remember reading that it was the first SS600 to "have some midrange" (not my words!).

Dan, I'm interested in what they tested. I would have expected better straight line acceleration from the 750, but I could see handling/track times/etc being very close. Wasn't sure what you meant be "speedwise".
Old 22-08-08, 06:41 PM   #29
sv-robo

600rr??(but i,m biased)
Old 22-08-08, 07:20 PM   #30
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
Dan, I'm interested in what they tested. I would have expected better straight line acceleration from the 750, but I could see handling/track times/etc being very close. Wasn't sure what you meant be "speedwise".
Ah yes, let me expand on that comment. They were laptimes of Infineon Raceway. I think it was MotoUSA that did the testing and they rated the RR as the best 600 but they said that it has similar power delivery of a gixxer 750. It was online somewhere will see if I can find the link. Of course top end would be better though, but who wants to go 186mph on the road? Not me. Maybe 175 though.