SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

View Poll Results: When do you want to do it
9th may 0 0%
23rd may 4 57.14%
6th june 2 28.57%
other 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-01-07, 07:26 PM   #21
anna
Mega Poster

it is advisable to make sure that you get your bike tested before the track day as Castle coombe have to be very very strict on who they allow on their track..

SH not a hope in hell my friend not with that hideous sounding can (not bitter honest )
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-07, 07:39 PM   #22
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos
Well, I'll give the rideout a miss, but will be going down to get it tested, probably on the 3rd then. Mrs C is due to drop sprog number 2 on the 21st Feb so don't think I'll be too popular if I'm out on a rideout when she goes into labour "hold it in love I'm out on the bike, it'll have to wait"
Even then, its still posible labour can start anytime so it'll be wacky races all the way to CC and back just incase.
anybody else fancy this saturday??

i have just relised i will have to leave at 6.30 in the morning to get there for 8
Old 30-01-07, 09:30 AM   #23
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovi5
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos
Well, I'll give the rideout a miss, but will be going down to get it tested, probably on the 3rd then. Mrs C is due to drop sprog number 2 on the 21st Feb so don't think I'll be too popular if I'm out on a rideout when she goes into labour "hold it in love I'm out on the bike, it'll have to wait"
Even then, its still posible labour can start anytime so it'll be wacky races all the way to CC and back just incase.
anybody else fancy this saturday??

i have just relised i will have to leave at 6.30 in the morning to get there for 8
Old 30-01-07, 10:22 AM   #24
Grinch

I'm just going to strap my original can to the bike... if any-ones else's curvy passes with one on then I know I'll be fine.
Old 30-01-07, 09:48 PM   #25
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenz
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee jey
"Bikes must be fitted with their original factory fitted silencer. We try to discourage competition machines, due to the strict sound regulations in place for the track days."
Give them a call, they are under a lot of strain from the anti race locals who got the limit lowered last year (or one before?), a non standard can should be OK if its quiet enough. I'll need to get my bike checked as the Yoshi might not pass and its a pain to swap over with all the exhaust valve cabling malarky.

I will have to see what my finances are like nearer the time to decide a date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper
its gotta be May 23rd, Thats my 30th Birthday Go on make a old man happy, pick the 23rd
If your old I must be ancient
Hate to tell you Beenz but they say that a standard GSX-R K6 upwards is too loud, though you have a thou don't you? you might be alright:

Quote:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SOUND TESTING

Manufacturers are now launching bikes with shorter Moto GP style exhausts.

Whilst they look great, the smaller silencer means that some of these new bikes are over our noise limits. We do appreciate the frustration of buying a brand new road legal bike only to discover that it is too loud to ride at Castle Combe.

In our experience the following machines may not pass our strict limits:-

Suzuki GSXR600 – 2006 model
GSXR 750 K6 & K7
Yamaha R6 – 2006 model
taken from their website.
Old 30-01-07, 10:13 PM   #26
Beenz

Thanks Kate, I read that also. It does not look good for me.

I know my gixer thou even with the standard odd looking can sounds a tad fruity when it revs because of the funny cable operated valve opens just in front of the muffler, with the yoshi even with the baffle in sounds a tad louder.

I don't think it's got much chance of passing. Thankfully I only live a few miles away so it's no trouble to get it checked.

I could fit a Scorpion that I can't (won't) afford that should pass according to the clever people at the factory who seem to know what they are on about. They use a dummy valve thing so you don't get the FI error as they don't have the valve in the system. From what I recall from talking to them the valve is mainly operated to restrict the noise for the EU.

Oh well, if it's too loud then I'll just go and watch the other loons and take photos/make tea/laugh at the others
Old 30-01-07, 11:45 PM   #27
hovis

Quote:
Quote:
just phoned CC you can pop down & get bike tested 3rd 19th 20th feb (very advisable)

NOT advisable to use other equipment as it may be a differant reading & they will only go by their readings.

all bikes will be checked (road legal cans may still fail)

group booking 10+ = 1 free

BOOK A.S.A.P

how about a rideout including time to go to CC for testing?
A rideout that includes can testing sounds good, any suggestions for a route?
anybody?
Old 31-01-07, 12:33 AM   #28
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Quote:
Anyone fancy a pillion???

Not worn my leathers for AGES, well not my bike leathers anyway

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-07, 10:45 AM   #29
cuffy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
just phoned CC you can pop down & get bike tested 3rd 19th 20th feb (very advisable)

NOT advisable to use other equipment as it may be a differant reading & they will only go by their readings.

all bikes will be checked (road legal cans may still fail)

group booking 10+ = 1 free

BOOK A.S.A.P

A rideout that includes can testing sounds good, any suggestions for a route?
anybody?
Providing it's not snowing or freezing bloody cold i might be up for a rideout, i can show you some routes, i wanna be back for the afternoon so i can watch the rugby. I'll keep an eyeout on here to see if anyones coming out to play.
Old 31-01-07, 11:25 AM   #30
Beenz

Gonna be a while before I'm out to play now so not this weekend anyway.