SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 08-06-09, 02:15 PM   #21
hovis

Default Re: the welsh TT camping/rideout mega thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Hovis - whats the deal with the campsite, do we ring and book direct with them or is the plan to all pitch together again ?
hmmmmmmmm

the dates we have chosse, apear to be the same as the royal welsh show?

and the campsite could get busy, and is on a first come first bais(?) he said he dont think it wil be a problem, as there is space for 150+ tents

so,....... the earier we get there on friday the better. (i dont want to change the date)

bikers are welcome, so are dogs and propper BBQ's

opinions?
Old 08-06-09, 02:20 PM   #22
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I looked at the map its a reasonable trek for us and I dont wanna turn up and find out theres nowhere to put our tent...

I'd be happier knowing I had space booked in the campsite but if they dont work that way, theres not a lot I can do !!!

I guess it'll mean an earlish start for us if we planned on getting there for lunchtime early afternoon I would have thought that would be OK ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 02:28 PM   #23
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
I looked at the map its a reasonable trek for us and I dont wanna turn up and find out theres nowhere to put our tent...
i 100% agree
I'd be happier knowing I had space booked in the campsite but if they dont work that way, theres not a lot I can do !!!
i could look into other sites, but i have already done that and TBH not had much luck
I guess it'll mean an earlish start for us if we planned on getting there for lunchtime early afternoon I would have thought that would be OK ? i would hope so, im working till 12 on the friday,so would be there for 1.30ish, but i couls book the day off and get there 10am or even sooner, although unless there is others there , there is not much point........ there is no pitches, you just go where you want/he tells you, im sure we will be ok, and can squezze together
?
Old 08-06-09, 02:34 PM   #24
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I'd say go with what you have planned, its to late to change it now really and it'll mean extra work if you were to do so.

I cant imagine the campsite owner would turn people away especially if he is having a slow summer due to the weather, we'll just plan to get there early I think.

Look at the weekend just gone. He said he was booking up and it was getting busy and that campsite was pretty much empty...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 02:38 PM   #25
hovis

i agree, i think we will be fine, DR rich has been a few times and said it has never been full.
Old 08-06-09, 08:31 PM   #26
hovis

right, i have had a bit of a look around, and the site i picked looks about the best, i thought it may atract some of the boarder patrol, madlanders or even pennine massive, its a bit futher north than i wanted, i was looking for somthing in brecon, but the ryader is only 30mins futher north

and the royal welsh does not start till the monday after so, im going to stick with it

Last edited by hovis; 08-06-09 at 08:43 PM.
Old 23-06-09, 08:28 AM   #27
Dappa D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
right, i have had a bit of a look around, and the site i picked looks about the best, i thought it may atract some of the boarder patrol, madlanders or even pennine massive, its a bit futher north than i wanted, i was looking for somthing in brecon, but the ryader is only 30mins futher north

and the royal welsh does not start till the monday after so, im going to stick with it
cool
Old 23-06-09, 10:13 AM   #28
Girth
Mega Poster

Can you confirm it won't rain?
Old 23-06-09, 10:55 AM   #29
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girth View Post
Can you confirm it won't rain?
yes,

if it does rain (which it wont) i have lined up some moto GP grid girls to follow us around in bikinis and brollys
Old 23-06-09, 11:23 AM   #30
RichT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
i have lined up some moto GP grid girls to follow us around in bikinis and brollys
Hmmmm Brolly Dolly's....