SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-03-09, 05:47 PM   #21
pencil shavings

Default Re: Toilet seats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
But does she really have a right to ask for something she's not prepared to give herself? I would feel wrong asking that of someone. If she feels fine doing it, then there's already a fundamental difference in attitude.
depends

you have the right to expect policemen to aprehend dangerous people, firemen to stop your house from burning. they choose to do it and there for have the duty to protect you. but you might not be inclided to acept that duty, but would still expect others to for you.
same thing, if she feels she has a right to expect you to keep the toilet seat down, and you feel you have the duty to enforce that right, then you do it.
the breakdown only occurs when you both expect your right to be enforced, as they are mutually exclusive. however you could come to a compromise of both people having to put the lid down after use if noone is prepaired to give ground.
Old 10-03-09, 05:54 PM   #22
ophic
Mega Poster

bit different - i expect people to adhere to their chose occupations, yes. I wouldn't expect a random member of the public to do something i wasn't prepared to do myself.
To me, its not about rights and enforcing at all. It's about respect. And not at all about toilet seats.

Replacing the toilet paper when it runs out, now thats a different matter...!
Old 10-03-09, 06:21 PM   #23
ArtyLady

Well it's 2 against 1 here so therefore = seat up
Old 10-03-09, 06:22 PM   #24
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post

Replacing the toilet paper when it runs out, now thats a different matter...!
or flushing the toilet

my housemates need a lesson in that
Old 10-03-09, 06:28 PM   #25
missyburd

You mean men lift seats up? What is this phenomenon

No seriously, I couldn't care less how it is when I find it. Tbh I actually prefer finding it left up because I know a blokes been there and I don't need to check for a wet seat lol! I do however have to check the floor I'd rather blokes left the seat up than not bothering at all.
Old 10-03-09, 06:32 PM   #26
timwilky
Mega Poster

The women have always outnumbered the men in this house, I always got the why have you not put the seat down moan.

However as my idle son developed the capacity of a Zeppelin and the aim of an uncoiling serpent, it was judged by the females of the household to be preferable to lift the seat rather than having to clean it after he had coated it in pure ammonia
Old 10-03-09, 06:33 PM   #27
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
You mean men lift seats up? What is this phenomenon

No seriously, I couldn't care less how it is when I find it. Tbh I actually prefer finding it left up because I know a blokes been there and I don't need to check for a wet seat lol! I do however have to check the floor I'd rather blokes left the seat up than not bothering at all.
When i go in the middle of the night - if they've left it up - believe me I'm not happy if I sit directly on the porcelain with piddle on it! so they are under strict instructions to put it down otherwise they incur my wrath!!!
Old 10-03-09, 06:34 PM   #28
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil shavings View Post
depends

you have the right to expect policemen to aprehend dangerous people, firemen to stop your house from burning. they choose to do it and there for have the duty to protect you. but you might not be inclided to acept that duty, but would still expect others to for you.
same thing, if she feels she has a right to expect you to keep the toilet seat down, and you feel you have the duty to enforce that right, then you do it.
the breakdown only occurs when you both expect your right to be enforced, as they are mutually exclusive. however you could come to a compromise of both people having to put the lid down after use if noone is prepaired to give ground.
Blimey....bit deep innit?
Old 10-03-09, 06:44 PM   #29
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
Blimey....bit deep innit?
stress has come out in a random way....
Old 10-03-09, 06:52 PM   #30
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
When i go in the middle of the night - if they've left it up - believe me I'm not happy if I sit directly on the porcelain with piddle on it!
That's fair enough but I believe they have light switches to assist in such events

That would irritate me no end though I admit. Nothing worse than an cold seat