SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-04-08, 10:00 AM   #21
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: I would like to report one of your Officers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I just hope that all you complaining that drift over the speed limit imeadiately think everytime 'Gosh I got away without a £60 fine and 3 points there that was lucky'
The problems is that all the people who moan about people on their phones are probably the same people who moan about all the other 'H&S' laws that make this country an apparent 'nanny state'

Two faced and only bothered about laws when it suits or consider it to benefit them.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 12:29 PM   #22
Dan

Quote:
I just hope that all you complaining that drift over the speed limit imeadiately think everytime 'Gosh I got away without a ?60 fine and 3 points there that was lucky'
Slightly different when one accidentally breaks the speed limit than when one deliberately and knowingly makes or receives a non-handsfree telephone call whilst driving.

I wouldn't feel lucky if I got away with drifting over the speed limit, because it happens accidentally sometimes. However, if I choose to nail it full throttle and get away with it, damn right I think 'Glad I didn't get caught there'.
Old 11-04-08, 12:49 PM   #23
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
OK suitably chastised on the phone thing. Yes i do have a handsfree kit, but it wasn't with me.

I just hope that all you complaining that drift over the speed limit imeadiately think everytime 'Gosh I got away without a £60 fine and 3 points there that was lucky'
Ahhh so 2 (or more) wrongs make a right now do they?

Only multiples of thing that I know that make a right are lefts......(3 of them to be exact)

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 07:33 PM   #24
Tomcat

I cant believe that the law is coming down so hard on mobile phone users, and yet doing nothing about the numbtys that fiddle about with their sat nav's whilst driving ,,,, just as bad i my opinion.

Stu ... you got rumbled, and didnt get fined, count yourself lucky ... as far as his speeding .... most of them think they are a cut above their own law, who are we mere mortales to complain ... don work yourself up over it .... it is a waste of your time
Old 11-04-08, 08:25 PM   #25
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
I have sent a copy of this thread to my mate whos a copper, He'll be in touch soon

LIE

you aint got no mates
Old 12-04-08, 06:59 AM   #26
Bear

Quote:
(now I drive very rarely & use a mobile almost never, so waste your breath flaming me if you want,)
EG03 FXD
Ok, you're an imbecile. HTH

Justifying it by saying that you rarely drive (so probably aren't that good at it anyway) doesn't really help the case matey!
Old 12-04-08, 07:16 AM   #27
laMon

Stu!
report him if;

1. you never break the speed limit!
2. You never break any other traffic laws like using mobile whilst driving

practice what you preach or become a hypocrite with a chip on his shoulder...

ladies and gentlemen of the jury... I give you STU...guilty or not guilty???
Old 12-04-08, 07:26 AM   #28
Balky001
Mega Poster

I bet it wasn't a real copper unless maybe off duty/special who is justifiably narked with car drivers using mobiles but doesn't want to do the paperwork so gives a warning. Stu. I would feel very lucky if I was you and petty to want to get my own back.
Old 12-04-08, 07:39 AM   #29
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
The problems is that all the people who moan about people on their phones are probably the same people who moan about all the other 'H&S' laws that make this country an apparent 'nanny state'
Dead wrong there.

I hate people driving whilst on mobile phones with a passion, and will go out of my way to interrupt their phone call (eg, lots of revs & loud horn). I have also in the past given local police video evidence of people using a mobile whilst driving, which included numberplate of the vehicle and date/time. What the police did with it I don't know.

Why do I hate it so much? Put simply, if people aren't concentrating on their driving, they're more likely to hit me, or my kids walking over the crossing, or someone else's kids. If people get caught more, they will do it less.

As for H/S laws, I know of appoximately 14 seperate breaches of H/S within my company. Those that directly affected me (like wires running across the floor) have not only been reported to management, but I also stuck hazard tape on them (the money for which was out of my pocket).

As for the kettle that's in the office, again, this has trailling wires across the floor, it's on the floor itself (easy to kick, or as one guy did, put it on with your foot as you walk past it - it was empty & he fused the office!). There's also no facility to wash cups near it, which in itself is against H/S law, instead, people go to the toilets to wash cups!! Have I said a word? No. Have I done anything? Yes, I bring my own mug & take it home with me, wash it myself, and use the fully equipped kitchen down the hall.

It's one thing to complain, it's another to actively do something.

Stu, as others have said, consider yourself lucky he didn't pull you over. I've had lucky escapes over speeding.

Last edited by Baph; 12-04-08 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-04-08, 08:28 AM   #30
Wayluya

Mobiles in cars?

Firstly you have to accept that it is always a fundamentaly dangerous activity - rather than only sometimes being dangerous. Basically just an excuse "to do something", without the hassle of having real consequences on folk for doing something dangerous.

Plus of course 1 crime detected = 1 solved.

Yeah, think of all the little babies who would die if peeps were allowed to drive using mobiles.........same could be said for wearing crash helmets in cars or restricting folk to 10mph........these would save lives.