SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 06-01-08, 09:57 PM   #21
Lozzo

Default Re: For Sale: SV650S K6 - Flame Red - under 900 miles

I do, and stop calling me Shirley
Old 07-01-08, 09:00 PM   #22
Dualcyclone

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
Yes....BUT....

I bet she has thousands of pounds worth of clothing in maybe...2 massive wardrobes if my girlfriend is anything to go by, they are just sat there 25% maybe still have the labels on, another 50% never get worn. YET they are there to 'keep her happy' just like your bike is for you.....I bet you wouldnt see her selling them.
Sounds like you have the excuse to buy the 1098 sorted!
Old 07-01-08, 09:15 PM   #23
DavieSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
I'll get in touch with the finance company and ask the question. I also need to find out what the bike is actually worth, as to be honest, I have no idea about that either.

Would be gutted if I owed more than the bike was worth - there really would be no point in selling it if that were the case...
I'm not sure on this, but, I think there are heafty early repayment penalties on the suzuki 0% finance deal. so please check with the finance company the total amount repayable (setlement figure) not just the outstanding balance as these could be completely different and could sway your decision on selling the bike

Cheers
DavieSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-08, 09:24 AM   #24
Rosie

Right, the good weather is on it's way - and the wedding is getting closer! I have got to get the bike sold.
I'll be putting it in BikeTrader as well, but in the meantime, if anyone is interested, drop me a pm and I'll come back to you. I would love the bike to go to a good home!!!
I'm like that!
Old 13-03-08, 04:34 PM   #25
cb5_keith

PMd you rosie!
Old 14-03-08, 11:05 AM   #26
gemma1675

Just to add a little more on the Finance point.

I bought my SV from the first owner who had the 0% finance on it.

Obviously there are issues there as I needed to be 100% sure that the Finance was paid off, so there was no way I was going to pay him and assume he will pay it off. But at the same time he needed to be 100% sure that I had paid so no good me giving him a cheque for the Finance as it might bounce - so in the end we called the Finance company together and I paid my bit over the phone on debit card, he paid his balance in the same way (as the bike was worth less than the loan balance, it was only one year old) and we both heard the Finance company confirm that the loan was now settled.

Happy days and off I went on the bike.

Just something to bear in mind if you do go to sell - having the Finance on the bike will put off some buyers.
Old 21-03-08, 05:39 PM   #27
Rosie

OK - Looking for £3200 for it. No sniffs from here really - where would you recommend advertising the bike? I'll put the tax on it as well!
Old 02-04-08, 10:43 PM   #28
garry mclean

Hi, i am not interested in the finance side, whether you pay it all at once or continue to pay it up is up to you. i am looking for an sv to convert to a race bike and your's sounds ideal. Would you take £2000 cash for your bike? If you will i will pay half either into your bank or through paypal and the rest on collection, this will show to you that i am a genuine buyer. I will not muck about and haggle on inspection, you will already have my money.
Old 03-04-08, 02:14 AM   #29
RPC_SV

Just to poke my nose in and make things more confusing lol..... I work for alliance and leicester and all of our interest is calculated on the actuariel method. This basically means that we only charge 1 months penalty interest, and I think that the FSA (the financial governing body) tried to enforce the Actuariel calculative formula on all "lenders"

With regards the price....i think if you put it at 3k it would gather more interest (hypothetically lol) And have you got any pics?

Last edited by RPC_SV; 03-04-08 at 10:45 AM. Reason: lack of education haha
Old 03-04-08, 07:26 AM   #30
SV Muppet

Thumbs up Re: For Sale: SV650S K6 - Flame Red - under 900 miles

I've just looked into the 0% finance question as I'm considering selling mine.

My settlement figure arrived from Black Horse in yesterdays post and it includes no penalty at all; the amount they've quoted for me to settle the agreement is exactly the same as the outstanding payments.

You can request a figure yourself via their website but they send it by post.