SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-11-06, 10:56 AM   #21
kwak zzr

yea but in the top picture the traffic have got a red stop light and a green arrow filter light together?
Old 20-11-06, 11:26 AM   #22
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law
Got a pic of some other lights that exactly the same as that junction. They're separate lights.

If proper attention wasn't paid you can run the traffic lights by mistake. It depends on whether they believe he ran the red filter light or you ran yours.

HTH
That one doesn't seem as bad as the one kwak posted, because there's a green filter light for straight on. It appears in kwaks example, the light is a regular round green light, which could be interpreted as it's green to go for turning right too.

But of course, even if WVM had made this asssumption, he still needed to check it was clear, and he didn't.

Kwak, other than going through a red light (which you didn't) I can't think of a single scenario where you could possibly considered to be in the wrong.
Old 20-11-06, 11:35 AM   #23
Law

Default Re: hey org members have a look at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
yea but in the top picture the traffic have got a red stop light and a green arrow filter light together?
Right, as Stingo has said, it is possible for red stop light and green next to each other together. The green traffic light on the left is a forward filter green light and acts independently of the right hand stop light which is for turning right.

People will know which light is for which direction as they will be green arrows when lit and as in my pic, the right hand side lights have a turn right sign under them to indicate they are for the right filter lane.

The forward filter will be green and right filter will be red (same as on the other side on the junction), This is the situation if you went on a forward green and the van ran his red turn right traffic light.

The filter right traffic light will turn green when the oncoming traffic's traffic lights turn red. The WVM is saying this is what happened and you ran your red lights.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law
Old 20-11-06, 11:41 AM   #24
kwak zzr

well at the moment i'm ready for dragging him out of his house and snotting him
Old 20-11-06, 12:42 PM   #25
Stingo

Yep - what Law said - that's the sequence - in Plymstock that happens at the junction of Horn cross road/ Dean Cross road/ Pomphlett Road/ Church road....if anyone here knows where that is!!
Old 21-11-06, 01:02 PM   #26
TimTucker

Nowt strange there.

You've got two columns of lights, one on the left for the junction as a whole and the other on the right controlling the right filter lane.

Sometimes you see these with one red and then a normal green with an extra "->" filter arrow to the right. When the normal green is lit then you can turn right, as long as there is no oncoming traffic and your exit is clear. When the green "->" right-filter arrow come on, you can proceed without looking because that indicates the oncoming traffic is facing a red.

Things are a little different with this junction because there is a whole set of lights dedicated to the right filter lane. This is indicated by the "one way" blue-and-white arrow below the lights. When the main (left) set is green, you can go straight on or turn left but if the set to the right is red, you CANNOT turn right.

This means that you can only turn right at this junction when the filter light is green. It's perfectly normal to have the full green on and the red for the right lane also on, but if you turn right with the lights in that arrangement, you've run a red.

Hope that helps.
Old 21-11-06, 02:37 PM   #27
kwak zzr

i have a feeling my insurance aint gonna pay out
Old 21-11-06, 02:38 PM   #28
kwak zzr

i'm happer now tho ive just collected my new ride
Old 21-11-06, 02:44 PM   #29
gettin2dizzy

awesome! what is it? any chance you can get a better photo of the lights? i have a feeling the right column might be
red
amber
green >
green ^
which would explain the red and green bull****
Old 21-11-06, 02:46 PM   #30
mattSV
Mega Poster

Quote:
i'm happer now tho ive just collected my new ride
Did you get the SV1000?