SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 12-01-09, 04:46 PM   #21
markryker

Thumbs up Re: Local events for this year ?

+1 on the NW ride outs Claire, only did the pre run meet at the Ponderosa last year cos of work, so bring on 2009
Renthal streetfighter bars, Carbon can co exhaust, tail tidy, seat cowl, rear hugger, front mud thingy, hel braided lines, clear indicator lenses,fairing lowers, crash bungs, k&N air filter, chewys mirror extenders
markryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-09, 05:01 PM   #22
markryker

Talking Re: Local events for this year ?

I for one intend to do that bit more this year Mike, looking forward to your plans already!
Renthal streetfighter bars, Carbon can co exhaust, tail tidy, seat cowl, rear hugger, front mud thingy, hel braided lines, clear indicator lenses,fairing lowers, crash bungs, k&N air filter, chewys mirror extenders
Old 12-01-09, 06:35 PM   #23
xXBADGERXx

Default Re: Local events for this year ?

Right , to clear this up , My intention for this thread was to bump start the calender with a bit of hope for the future , Nowhere did I state that last year was "Boring" a word I never used but seemed to be bandied about in quotes as if this was something I had said . I WILL apologise for telling you to shove it where the sun doesn`t shine , I can "Man Up" and do that in public .

Mike I am sorry for what I said there , here comes the but , BUT , don`t expect to shove me and not get one back ........... that`s the way it goes (shrugs) .

I didn`t open this up with the intention of slagging anything anybody has ever done on this site , I have appreciated every single Org related event I have been to and have been truly appreciative of every single moment . If truth be told I do not have many friends in my life , I have 2 real friends and they don`t ride bikes and are married and pretty much off limits so my social calender is somewhat bereft . After crashing the bike last week I desperately needed something to look forward to for the New Year and a chance to go out for a Ride with like minded people and have a laugh and a giggle . And as I stated in my Original Post , it doesn`t even have to be a bike related thing , sod it if there is a Beer festival , let`s go , get ratted on Straw flavoured Beer with Weevils in it , I don`t care , just want to DO something more this year . What I was trying to get at is that it doesn`t have to be Bike related , I`ve seen in other areas that they are quite social and was hoping we could be a bit more social if people are up for it . After the turn this thread took I was quite surprised by the response , thanks to those that have PM`d me and understood where I was coming from by the way .

I thought it was the right thing to do by trying to add a bit of New Year sparkle to the events calender as last year was good and this year could be even better . Xmas is a huge lull everywhere and the worst part of the year is January . After some of us have been cooped up indoors spending time with family how many of you have looked at the bike and thought "Blow this , if the weather was better I would be off out on that thing" ?

The Border Patrol is not made up of one man and I felt embarrassed that most things organised in here have been down to Mike (forgive me if I have missed somebody that organised something) , I just wanted to do my bit in here as I have one of the best biking playgrounds and would like to make more use of it with like minded people and share some local knowledge .

One of the first places I come to on the Site is the Border Patrol to see if something is happening or going to happen and quite often I come away from there with nothing , I thought to myself "Ok let`s kick start this off and see what the suggestions are" , this planted seed grew into something that it`s main purpose was not intended for . So to keep the peace I have written this post , put in my apology , and I look forward to a nice social calender with the Border Patrol .
Old 12-01-09, 06:40 PM   #24
markryker

Thumbs up Re: Local events for this year ?

Glad thats all sorted then!
Old 12-01-09, 06:57 PM   #25
Speedy Claire

So glad you`re not gonna leave us Badger and what do you mean you don`t have many friends???? you have all of us

Please accept my apologies too as I didn`t read your original post properly and in honesty missed the title so misunderstood it, now I realise what you meant and yep it`s a good idea to get the social calendar rolling and give us all something to look forward to.

I also don`t mind attending non biking events... we had great fun at the white water rafting and barbeque.. it made a really nice change. Also if you fancy organising something then that`d be great... sometimes it`s nice to just take part in an event without the worry of having to organise and co-ordinate it all so I`m sure your efforts would be really appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you soon
Old 12-01-09, 07:11 PM   #26
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
So glad you`re not gonna leave us Badger and what do you mean you don`t have many friends???? you have all of us
I know that , but in all fairness Claire your not the "Fancy a Beer knocking around Llandudno tonight ? , Taxi will be there in 20 minutes" type of friends are you , your biking friends who I know from a website , and it takes weeks of preparation to organise getting the kettle put on and then somebody arrives right after you pour the last of the water out . On the flip side of that my local friends are not "Fancy going for a nice 400 mile blatt over the weekend on the bike?" types so the Coin has 2 sides . This is one side of the Coin and they are the other . One side has become stagnant and non existant with not much hope of anything at all happening , the other side has the potential to rack up loads of miles this year and having a blast .

As far as non-biking events are concerned , I know it won`t be everybody`s cup of tea , some of you may jump at the chance , some of you work shifts and have families and have even bigger Fish to fry , or may even think that my idea just plain outright sucks . What matters to me more is that I am trying to make more of an effort this year in here than sitting on my backside and letting somebody else do it all .
Old 12-01-09, 07:59 PM   #27
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
I know that , but in all fairness Claire your not the "Fancy a Beer knocking around Llandudno tonight ? , Taxi will be there in 20 minutes" type of friends are you , your biking friends who I know from a website , and it takes weeks of preparation to organise getting the kettle put on and then somebody arrives right after you pour the last of the water out . On the flip side of that my local friends are not "Fancy going for a nice 400 mile blatt over the weekend on the bike?" types so the Coin has 2 sides . This is one side of the Coin and they are the other . One side has become stagnant and non existant with not much hope of anything at all happening , the other side has the potential to rack up loads of miles this year and having a blast .

As far as non-biking events are concerned , I know it won`t be everybody`s cup of tea , some of you may jump at the chance , some of you work shifts and have families and have even bigger Fish to fry , or may even think that my idea just plain outright sucks . What matters to me more is that I am trying to make more of an effort this year in here than sitting on my backside and letting somebody else do it all .

Yep I understand that hun and hopefully the social side of things will improve for you. You never know we might get 17 people all joining the org from Colwyn Bay and Llandudno

Any ideas you have then stick them on here and lets see what the interest is.... if 2009 is as busy for me as 2008 then its gonna be a great year
Old 12-01-09, 10:04 PM   #28
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
Mike I am sorry for what I said there , here comes the but , BUT , don`t expect to shove me and not get one back ........... that`s the way it goes (shrugs) .

plus other stuff
That takes sand Neil, apologising in public. Apology accepted and I'd like to reciprocate, I did misunderstand your meaning and took immediate umbrage. My apologies to you for jumping down your throat and not taking that breath before posting which I always tell other to take.

Shake on it next time we meet fellah.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-09, 10:10 PM   #29
Frank

Two real men.
well done
now can I join in the fun
Old 12-01-09, 10:15 PM   #30
DaveP

I though you two were just clowning about.... Bloody hell!! Handbags!!!

Glad to see you have kissed and made up.

Having not being around last year i am practically giddy with the excitement of getting together for a few ride outs and the such... The idea of white water rafting is making me smile from ear to ear bring it on. Having done a few days in north in November then anything out that way happening count me in!!! Some cracking roads that way!!

Basically i am up for anything(within reason).... however call me crazy but three weeks will spent spent in Europe in the summer so may not make all.(You welcome to join us for this or part of it anyone)

The Tap on a wednesday/Sunday is a good one for me... its a cracker coming back through that tunnel

If anyone is up for some nice weekends away with a tent strapped on the bike then i am very game for that too!!

Dave