SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-06-08, 11:40 AM   #21
Elky

Default Re: Portsmouth to Liverpool with 1st time pillion

Well looks like we are off to Brighton on Saturday, weather permitting so I'll let you all know how that goes!

Cheers for all the advice

Elky
Old 30-06-08, 09:11 AM   #22
Elky

Did the trip to Brighton with the missus on the back. Turning out the first few roads took a little bit of getting used to but after 5 minutes, all was good! Blueto kindly lent us his love handles but Em decided that they werent for her. She preferred to have 1 hand on the grab rail and 1 round my waist.

It felt like she was hardly there. Had to tell her that a couple of times, when approaching traffic at lights at ready to filter, she wiggled about - not good when trying to squeeze through a small gap!

Took a slight detour on the way back so did 60 miles in 1 go. Both had a slightly numb bum and it felt like I'd had a workout on my shoulders from fighting the wind but all in all, a good journey!

Cheers for the advice people, just need to decide if we want to go all the way to Liverpool on the bike now!
Old 30-06-08, 04:53 PM   #23
Dangerous Dave

Well done mate, happy future pillionin' to you!