SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 10-06-07, 09:10 PM   #21
Tim in Belgium

Default Re: Pirelli Diablo Stradas VS Michelin Pilot Road 2's

Anyone had the Road 2s out on track yet?

I want, no, I demand to know!
Old 11-06-07, 07:45 AM   #22
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeridiaNx View Post
Baph, have you found that they feel like they're dragging you down/pulling the biek into leaning over further when you get to a certain angle of lean?

That's what mine feel like and I can't tell if it's because I got used to my old Z6s being squared off from motorway stuff or whether I'm detecting when I get to the angle where the rubber compound switches from the hard central to soft edge, seeing as they're 2CT.
I wouldn't really say this. I find it feels VERY different to the Z6s, but I wouldn't say that the bike is trying to fall over. Mine more feel like they are a little "floaty." Certainly not as much feedback as the Z6s give, but the PR2s allow you to be harder on the throttle coming out of bends. I've actually just fitted a bullet cam to my bike, and I'm planning to video my route over the Denbigh moors tonight (fast sweeping left hander to have fun in), so I'll post a video & you can compare

If you feel like you're being dragged down, your turning circle should be tightening (unless you're not actually being dragged down). Look at the inside of the bend, are you getting closer to it? If you are, a little more throttle should sort you out no end. As above, the PR2s seem better on the throttle than the Z6s did.

I'm waiting until I know what I'm talking about really for the PR2s before I give a detailled opinion. So far I've covered maybe 300miles, but this Saturday I'm going to be down at Bassets Pole for the MIGTs ride. I'm waiting until after this to see what they're like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
What tyre pressures are you guys using? Are you going with the 34/36 Michelin recommend?
Nope, 36/42, same as I was running the Z6s at. After this weekend, I'm going to drop them to 34/36, and then see what they're like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Anyone had the Road 2s out on track yet?

I want, no, I demand to know!
Does North Wales count as a track?

I'll do a proper write up on the PR2s next week (no track use though Tim, unless you're paying )

Last edited by Baph; 11-06-07 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-06-07, 12:32 PM   #23
Jdubya

Anyone had any experiences with the pilot power 2ct yet?

Last edited by Jdubya; 11-06-07 at 12:32 PM. Reason: A...a?
Old 11-06-07, 08:55 PM   #24
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya View Post
Anyone had any experiences with the pilot power 2ct yet?
Yes but not on an SV, only my GSXR.

I thought they were pretty good to be honest, feedback and feel was good, I could tell what the tyres were doing. Gave good grip, and I felt confident enough on them to run right out to the edge of the rear, no chicken strips on either side of the rear tyre.

Lasted pretty well, I had two rears to one front, got about 3000 to 3500 miles out of a rear. Including a big motorway trip and they resisted squaring off pretty well to.

The only thing I could fault them on, was when it was wet they were a bit wooden and I found it hard to get feel from the front, they felt the same when they were cold to, but seemed to get heat quite quickly.

IMHO, better than the 014's I had before, but not quite as good as the Diablo Corsa III's I have now.

Hope thats useful.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-07, 08:29 AM   #25
Jdubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Yes but not on an SV, only my GSXR.

Hope thats useful.
Cheers Fizz,
That'll do nicely. I wont be sticking them on an SV. They'll be going on a 955i daytona.
Old 13-06-07, 08:27 PM   #26
steveg

got 5700 miles on the strada's rear's got 1 - 1.5 k left , therfore good for about 7k , front is about half worn

EDIT Just had to have rear tyre plugged , time for a new tyre , recon would have got 6.5 - 7k out of the rear

Cheers Steve

Now Triumph sprint 1050 ABS 05 Reg

AKA Papa Smurf

Last edited by steveg; 14-06-07 at 09:08 PM.
steveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-07, 10:44 AM   #27
busasean

running pilot road 2's on my triumph tiger, very very impressed so far. brilliant in the wet, stable, and excellent wear. they'll be fitted to my Hayabusa once the set fitted (BT 56's) wear out, and to my sv once they need doing!