SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-03-07, 09:52 PM   #21
thedonal

Default Re: we got snow here

Good Christy- not only did I have to work til 8 tonight, when I got back, I took my gloves off half expecting the fingers to be black with frostbite. From a 25 minute journey!!!

I've 'ad enuff of this. When's spring coming back? When's it gonna be summer?

WHERE'S ALL THIS BLOODY GLOBAL WARMING, THEN? Probably gone south for the nice weather...
Old 19-03-07, 09:55 PM   #22
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonal View Post
WHERE'S ALL THIS BLOODY GLOBAL WARMING, THEN? Probably gone south for the nice weather...
It's concentrating on North Wales. Shhh! Leave it here!

Please!
Old 19-03-07, 10:00 PM   #23
thedonal

Global Warming, in North Wales? Don't believe yer! I'm surprised you're not out there now- toboganning (have I spelt that right?!) from the peak of Y Lliwedd or some similar mountain deathtrap!! (I'd choose the slope, rather than the drop, if I were you!)
Old 19-03-07, 10:26 PM   #24
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
North. I commute along the A55 in the bad weather (where that pic is from), but in the good weather, it's A5 & over the tops jobby. I live on Anglesey
i know it quite well matey! that sea world place still on the left over the bridge?
Old 19-03-07, 10:27 PM   #25
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonal View Post
Global Warming, in North Wales? Don't believe yer! I'm surprised you're not out there now- toboganning (have I spelt that right?!) from the peak of Y Lliwedd or some similar mountain deathtrap!! (I'd choose the slope, rather than the drop, if I were you!)
Check out the picture up above.

Granted on the tops it's a tad frosty, but down by the coast it's almost tropical (comparitively).

I've "run" (read jogged) up Y Lliwedd a few times, and I've been ice skating at Glaslyn a couple of times. But I prefer the sunshine (no slippy slidey rear wheels in the sun)!
Old 19-03-07, 10:31 PM   #26
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
i know it quite well matey! that sea world place still on the left over the bridge?
The sea zoo you mean? That place is a good 20mins walk from my house

Still there, but only opens on in the summer time really.

Since we're talking about it, you vaguely remember the houses on the right after you turn off the "main" road towards the sea zoo? (main road goes sharp 90 degree bend - nightmare for bikes because there's a million manhole covers on it!). T'is where I live

There's a school just after the houses on the right (just before it turns to a single track, and just before the few farm houses), and that's the school that my kids go to. If you've been past within the last year, chances are that me or one of the kids etc has seen you pass
Old 20-03-07, 02:52 PM   #27
kwak zzr

i know it well mate, you live in a nice place.