SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-05-09, 06:58 PM   #21
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Re: Dream Job?

Something involving flying aeroplanes and taking photographs.

I always wanted to be a roving photographer for National Geographic.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-09, 07:01 PM   #22
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVStorm View Post
+1
either that or a scuba diver instuctor/guide working and living on an island somewhere, cound never imagine a bad day in the office with either of those jobs
problem with that job, scuba instructor is you get paid peanuts, good job though, have dived in sharm about 30 dives, would like to go to the east for the best diving. (warm water)
Old 18-05-09, 07:06 PM   #23
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

My dream job woudl be to have no job.

I.e a mahoosive lottery win that meant I never had to work again. I'd then pick a hobby and just go off and do that instead and if I was cr*p at it, well then it wouldnt matter as I wouldnt be trying to earn a living from what I was doing.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-09, 07:07 PM   #24
Philip663

Weapons systems operator in the raf, but we shal have to see
Old 18-05-09, 07:10 PM   #25
Sean_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post

I.e a mahoosive lottery win that meant I never had to work again. I'd then pick a hobby and just go off and do that instead and if I was cr*p at it, well then it wouldnt matter as I wouldnt be trying to earn a living from what I was doing.

I've known I was finishing my job for weeks, and I've saved up a good wadge of money to tide me through. Today was my first day unemployed, and I'm bored stiff already.
I really would love a job again!
Old 18-05-09, 07:10 PM   #26
Jamiebridges123

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post

How much would you have to win to be able to lead a "comfortable" life (Ie a fairly posh car, like a top spec 320d or something, nothing too fancy, to be able to choose what you want to buy for dinner and have Sky etc..

I'd guess around 5m if you kept it in a high interest account? Say you were 35 and would theoretically die aged 85.
Old 18-05-09, 07:15 PM   #27
SVStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefishman View Post
problem with that job, scuba instructor is you get paid peanuts, good job though, have dived in sharm about 30 dives, would like to go to the east for the best diving. (warm water)
Went to Maldives a few years ago for a diving holiday and the instructors were telling us they got free food and accomodation so hardly any outgoings at all.

But this kind of job would actually not be about the money at all for me. It is just so stress free and fantastic lifestyle. And if your island is big enough you could even ride your bike around the island

Have been diving for about 4 years now and even mad enought to brave the cold uk waters. Do much prefer the warmer waters though
Old 18-05-09, 07:20 PM   #28
Sean_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiebridges123 View Post
How much would you have to win to be able to lead a "comfortable" life (Ie a fairly posh car, like a top spec 320d or something, nothing too fancy, to be able to choose what you want to buy for dinner and have Sky etc..

I'd guess around 5m if you kept it in a high interest account? Say you were 35 and would theoretically die aged 85.
I'm 19 now, I figure to be comfortable I'd want 50k a year, so til I'm 90 that'd be about 3.5 million.
Old 18-05-09, 07:22 PM   #29
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVStorm View Post
But this kind of job would actually not be about the money at all for me. It is just so stress free and fantastic lifestyle.
Thats what I would be after, stress free to me is also not having to worry at all about money and not having to think "Can I afford to do that"

My ideal job would be something motorsport or cycling based I think. Just working away in the background, nothing to flash or anything like that. Just something I could do in the background that brought real benefit to who I was working for. Something that returned a high level of job satisfatction would be high on my list.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-09, 07:39 PM   #30
Jamiebridges123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_C View Post
I'm 19 now, I figure to be comfortable I'd want 50k a year, so til I'm 90 that'd be about 3.5 million.
Taking into account bills, morgage, taxes and etc?