SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-07-08, 12:59 PM   #21
Speedy Claire

Default Re: embarrassing moments..

Dropping my bike in the petrol station at Betswy-Coed and being pinned underneath it until 2 guys came to help.... then did exactly the same thing in he same petrol station the following weekend too! It was my CBR and I was just to impatient and shouldn`t have ridden it prior to it being lowered

Last summer "dancing" in my bedroom wearing tartan pyjama`s and singing into a hairbrush then realising that the house at the back of me had scaffolding around the roof and all the workmen were standing there watching me! much clapping and cheering followed whilst I crawled out on my hands and knees!

The usual coming out of the ladies in a restaurant with my dress tucked in my knickers, plus another time walking out and dragging an unravelling toilet roll with me which my stilleto heel had attached itself to.
Old 14-07-08, 01:01 PM   #22
Filipe M.

God I must have lived a very sheltered life, the most embarassing moment I can remember was failing to unclip a pushbike pedal in front of a bus stop full of people, with the subsequent *very slow* fall to the pavement... oh well.
Old 14-07-08, 01:17 PM   #23
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe M. View Post
God I must have lived a very sheltered life,
Either that, or you're thick skinned & don't embarass easily.

I can't think of anything worthwhile to post here off hand either. I've done some silly things, but nothing that I'm really embarassed about.
Old 14-07-08, 02:38 PM   #24
Ceri JC

Crashing a pushbike spectacularly into the back of the car of a colleague who regularly warned me, "ride your bike like that and you'll wind up in hospital". He'd had a go at me a day earlier for jumping it at high speeds off a speed bump and nearly hitting his car as he was parking it. The fact the chap was so nice about it and helped me up without rubbing it in/never mentioned it again made it all the more embarrasing. Top tip, don't ride flat out down the steepest hill you ride down with lots of surface water, wearing no more protection than a pair of workboots and a cheap lid.
Old 14-07-08, 03:03 PM   #25
redbouy

Just had the deck hand fall off the aft gangway in to the water. We have been getting ready to leave Porto Fino and about 100 peeps are watching.
Cost
1 3g phone [his]
1 normal phone [his]
1 ships radio [boats]
1 pair of D&G sunny's [his]

but really
swimming in the pooy water with every one watching. Priceless
Old 14-07-08, 03:24 PM   #26
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
Top tip, don't ride flat out down the steepest hill you ride down with lots of surface water, wearing no more protection than a pair of workboots and a cheap lid.
Crikey - you ever been on "How to Look Good Naked"?
Old 14-07-08, 03:32 PM   #27
Grinch

I was also stripped naked at my Wedding reception, I had nothing but a builders hat to hide my man hood.
Old 14-07-08, 04:33 PM   #28
kitkat

whilst in hein gericke somewhere near guildford with bf, I was whittering on about how nice the collar on a jacket felt. I was saying "feel it feel it feel it" rather loudly. bf walked up to me took my tits into his hands and said "there you go" and walked away. I was so embarrassed I just stood there. then chased after him trying to convince anyone who had seen the display that did actually know him. still blush about it yet 3 years later
Old 14-07-08, 04:36 PM   #29
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
I can't think of anything worthwhile to post here off hand either. I've done some silly things, but nothing that I'm really embarassed about.
I have the opposite experience, I don't know where to start.

I might be able to narrow it down to the best few dozen. Maybe.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote