SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-09-12, 08:00 PM   #21
greensv650

Default Re: Danmoto GP Extreme Exhaust opinions?

Can arrived a few days back. Im really pleased with the quality, especially for the money! Sounds good but a bit loud perhaps with the standard 4" baffle in. I got an 8" baffle today in the post today and that has tamed it down, still sounds great mind

Couldn't get the forum to embed my image properly! Grrr not sure why

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hnlfg1jgh...%2016%2049.jpg

Last edited by greensv650; 19-09-12 at 08:11 PM.
Old 19-09-12, 08:03 PM   #22
dirtyred619

Is there supposed to be a picture there?
Old 19-09-12, 08:11 PM   #23
Tomor
Mega Poster

There is a picture there .....
Old 19-09-12, 08:15 PM   #24
dirtyred619

Have you got a pic showing the whole bike so I can get a better idea how it looks. Looks good on that pic though, easy enough to fit? The baffles you have, did you get them both from Danmoto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensv650 View Post
Can arrived a few days back. Im really pleased with the quality, especially for the money! Sounds good but a bit loud perhaps with the standard 4" baffle in. I got an 8" baffle today in the post today and that has tamed it down, still sounds great mind

Couldn't get the forum to embed my image properly! Grrr not sure why

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hnlfg1jgh...%2016%2049.jpg
Again, you've not got a pic showing the whole bike so I can get a better idea how it looks? Like that one too, so instead off helping me decide which exhaust to go for I'm now undecided between 3 off them lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePone View Post
I ordered a Danmoto carbon GP exhaust last Monday from Danmoto's website. It arrived today. Looks good. Just fitted it no probs on an 09, chopped the pipe at 55mm and it just missed the cat. It sounds great.
Old 19-09-12, 08:16 PM   #25
dirtyred619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomor View Post
There is a picture there .....
Yep seen it now but it wasn't showing at first.
Old 19-09-12, 08:31 PM   #26
greensv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyred619 View Post
Have you got a pic showing the whole bike so I can get a better idea how it looks. Looks good on that pic though, easy enough to fit? The baffles you have, did you get them both from Danmoto?

Again, you've not got a pic showing the whole bike so I can get a better idea how it looks? Like that one too, so instead off helping me decide which exhaust to go for I'm now undecided between 3 off them lol!
I'll get a better pic for you when it's light, that's the only one I have to hand.

I love this can I bought it purely on the look, in that £100-£150 price bracket I didn't find anything else I liked.

It sounds awesome with the 4" danmoto baffle fitted, might go back to it once I've been out or a few rides, but I think it's a little too loud.

Got the 8" baffle from these guys. http://www.whitedogbikes.com/item--U...l#.UForYWt5mSM

Fairly easy to fit.

To cut the old silencer off I just used a small hacksaw and about 10 blades! I fitted an exhaust clamp and used that as a guide to cut against.

The link pipe that comes with the can fits straight onto the existing pipes. The silencer just slips over that with a couple of springs to retain it. I didn't use any exhaust sealent or anything.

Not fitted the horrible strap yet, I plan to weld a small tab to the can instead, figure that will look slicker.....

Last edited by greensv650; 19-09-12 at 08:55 PM.
Old 19-09-12, 08:53 PM   #27
dirtyred619

Quote:
I'll get a better pic for you when it's light, that's the only one I have to hand.
Thanks

Quote:
Not fitted the horrible strap yet, I plan to weld a small tab to the can instead, figure tat will look slicker.....
I hadn't even noticed it was attached to the hanger! There's a couple of vids on YouTube I've come across where people have welded on a tab to attach it, it does look miles better. Will you be making and welding it yourself or getting someone to do it as I might have to get you to do mine for me when I've got my exhaust?

Last edited by dirtyred619; 19-09-12 at 08:55 PM.
Old 19-09-12, 09:07 PM   #28
greensv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyred619 View Post
I hadn't even noticed it was attached to the hanger! There's a couple of vids on YouTube I've come across where people have welded on a tab to attach it, it does look miles better. Will you be making and welding it yourself or getting someone to do it as I might have to get you to do mine for me when I've got my exhaust?
No I have a chap locally who does any welding or really complicated fabricating for me....
Old 20-09-12, 08:18 AM   #29
ThePone

Here are the pics. I have installed the 4" silencer (danmoto model) but have taken it out as I think it sounds nicer without.
ThePone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-12, 08:40 AM   #30
ThePone

Here is a pic of the pipe chopped at 55mm from the weld. You can see the cat a few mm in.
ThePone is offline   Reply With Quote