SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-01-05, 02:39 PM   #21
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavUK
I was always (bike and cars) a simple rule of thumb.

If you think it's fast then it's too fast.

Unfortunately on modern bikes, and in modern cars 90mph just doesn't seem fast at all...

Stay safe.

Stu
On the bike i've got at the moment, triple figures comes along far too quickly and i have to remind myself to slow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svpilot
I love biking and only go anywhere by car if I absolutely have to.

But I do worry that I have no self control. Don't get me wrong, I don't ride fast. But when I get home I always think 'sh*t, Iv'e done it again' and ask my self did I really need to squeeze through that gap etc.

And when people moan about the traffic, I want to shake 'em and shout "get a bike! never be stuck in traffic again! you might even like it!"
You sound just like me.......
Old 19-01-05, 08:10 PM   #22
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iansv
Love biking, only thing thats gonna stop me is when its phsically not possible for me to ride....

My accident last year has certainly changed the way I ride to a certain extent but mainly i'm just grateful it wasn't worse
What Ian said to the letter.

My accident has put a whole different perspective to me and biking. I nearly died. I nearly left my wife and kids without a Husband and a Father.

I have had a few accidents in the past, some of them quite major, but luckily for me, not so serious injuries, just a broken bone or few. It never made a difference to my riding.

This one did. I guess some people will never learn until the "BIG" one happens. Unfortunatly I was one of them.

Your obviously thinking about it, just try and think about it more when your riding and not after you got off the bike. Personally I don't need photo's on display to remind me. I have my injuries to remind me all the time. Oh and the morbid fear of going round corners.
Old 20-01-05, 08:53 AM   #23
Balky001
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
This one did. I guess some people will never learn until the "BIG" one happens. Unfortunatly I was one of them.
Spot on. There's danger in any given activity and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought starting to ride a bike in my mid-30's was suicidal but I had to try it. You can learn from other peoples mistakes or pure bad luck but it doesn't really have a long term affect unless it happens to you or someone very close. Well, that's until your natural protection kicks in and tells you your too old/stupid/slow to carry on!
Old 20-01-05, 11:46 AM   #24
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo
On the bike i've got at the moment, triple figures comes along far too quickly and i have to remind myself to slow up.
noticed that with the cbr... when I check my speedo Im seriously fast a lot of the time and it doesnt feel too fast... the bike actually gives feedback of wanting to go faster and its a constant battle to slow down on it... whats worse is I still have 2 more gears to go at this point too..

but I cant live without being on the bike... not ridden for 2 days and all my posts yesterday were like I was off the planet...ok...ok.. I was...

but the bike instils a healthy dose of reality, mortality and appreciation of life that I lose if Im not on it...