SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-11-05, 07:29 PM   #21
admin
John T
Mega Poster

manuals are here to www.sv650.org/sv_manuals.htm

John
Old 13-11-05, 08:34 PM   #22
Brucey

It looks the same so you could swap the GPS doubt they are very cheap though.
Old 14-11-05, 12:40 AM   #23
Yarodia

Thanks again to everyone for offering advice. It's been so helpful and I really appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by figer
It seem to be impossible to use original GPS – because it sensor only Neutral, 2nd or 3rd gear signal, or NO signal – this is 1,4,5 and 6 gear.
I thing – if it could be possible – commercial solutions be based on it - not on rev measuring.
I think figer makes a good point and it's probably gonna be easier for me to wire something together from the front loom than anywhere else, so I guess that's what i'll look at doing. As I said, i've not done the TRE mod but I did attach a Motrax Kilometer converter so may have to work around that as it wires into the speed sensor from the front wheel.

BTW, anyone interested in the digital readout, here's an interesting one for you. It's not cased so you can mount it behind the dash for a tidy look, check out the pic of it located in the speedo. Could be converted by this idea if my other plans hit a dead end http://www.biketronix.nl/ Requires a magnet on the wheel but at £40, its cheaper than the Acumen and Datatool options and no stupid tacky box for your friends to laugh at
Old 15-11-05, 02:28 PM   #24
figer

OK, I check differences between ’99-02 and ’03- model, and looks to be possible to replace neutral switch

with gear sensor from ’03 model

I can’t find ’03 sv650 wiring schema to check is it sensing all gears.
Could someone give me some link?

I also will send e-mail to my service – maybe they know is it sensing all gears, and is it possible replacing?

If YES – we should calculate price of new sensor and whole staff to build indicator instead price of brand new e.g. biketronix indicator.
Old 17-11-05, 12:32 PM   #25
Yarodia

From a very quick search looks like the replacement 03+ gear would be about £30. So it would be possible to make something completely unique for about the same price as a commercial unit, but didn't someone say this wouldn't work as it only outputs the retarded gears? or was that just the pre 03 models

Leading on from this I found another site which might interest some people http://www.ledgear.co.uk/ Their gear indicators use a black box and a replacement Neutral switch, but the benefit is that they make bespoke items so may be able to suit the finished product to your needs. Think that the designs they have on the site might look good on a nekid sv.

Anyway, i'm back on the case now. 12 hr shift work stops my life dead in it's tracks every four days but at last i'm free!
Old 17-11-05, 01:34 PM   #26
Brucey

It would work fine as a Gear Position Indicator as its the same as the K3s and onwards removing the original switch would remove the retard on your model so no need for a TRE device.
Old 15-06-06, 06:48 PM   #27
figer

Check this site
http://home.cfl.rr.com/genecash/gear_indicator.html
Old 18-06-06, 12:12 AM   #28
Yarodia

I never did figure out how to do it. Good to see your still on the case figer

Will have a proper look at the link when i'm not so tired. Thanks
Old 18-06-06, 07:58 PM   #29
Robw#70

The injected GPS sense's all gears the carb only three,
I have both somewhere, will dig them out and check, they both fit, but I think the plugs are different
Old 19-06-06, 07:00 AM   #30
Yarodia

That would be great. Would be cool to know for sure if they are interchangeable