SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-03-08, 06:03 PM   #21
rob13

Default Re: To sell or not to sell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza77 View Post
Rob, my MX5 now only does about 5000 miles a year, as I use public transport to get to work. Still worth it with the roof down like today, same as I'd never get rid of the bike either. Guess I'm in a slightly different situation as mine doesn't owe anything, but I'd keep hold if I were you.

I see your point Gaz, it is nice on a warm day to throw the hood back, however I cant actually recall doing it that much last year as it was so bloody miserable. I wouldnt know what to get if I got rid. Maybe a mk1 instead
Old 12-03-08, 06:28 PM   #22
El Saxo

Default Re: To sell or not to sell...

Poisonidea - I'm basically in the same boat as you mate, have just over 1 year left to pay on the SV, once that's done it frees up the money I'll need to move out. In the meantime I've been working all the overtime I can get my hands on - if I can save up enough of a lump sum to get an early settlement figure for the finance, pay it off and move out before next year, then that's a bonus. If not, at least I have a sum of money saved up for when i finally pay off the finance next year and it comes time to move out - by then I'll probably need the money for some furniture or god knows what else. Selling the SV is an absolute last resort for me, it's too big a part of my life right now.

Oh, and I'm a Libran too, so that shouldn't hold you back!