SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: How long does it take to give your bike a good clean
>5 mins (give it a quick spray -- slacker) 2 4.08%
>30 mins 13 26.53%
>60 mins 19 38.78%
> 2 hours 9 18.37%
> 4 hours 5 10.20%
< 4 hours 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-05, 10:52 AM   #21
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

About an hour, this includes in the winter applying WD40 or FS365 to it

Also depends how bothered I am and how dirty it is, and how likely it is to get just as dirty again in a short period of time.

At the moment, I just gets and good rinse off and a scrub and then the FS365 and then its done, I dont bother really giving it a good scrub with the weather like it is at the moment

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 11:25 AM   #22
Warren

if were talking a proper clean, about 4 hours.

that includes taking all the fairing panels off, wax, chain cleaning, brake calipars,discs, greasing cables and lubing everything, wheels, (for some reason i like to clean my tyres too)
Old 05-12-05, 11:46 AM   #23
diamond

I don't do washing my bike, it just gets dirty and then a rinse every time it rains.

Unless some kind person does it for me, which happens when he gets annoyed and embaresed at the state of it.
Old 05-12-05, 11:53 AM   #24
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.d.
I don't do washing my bike, it just gets dirty and then a rinse every time it rains.

Unless some kind person does it for me, which happens when he gets annoyed and embaresed at the state of it.
ed

Depends what I'm doing, but a 'full' clean can take 4 hours+ (much to the disgust of the missus,) but a quick wash is about an hour...
Old 05-12-05, 11:59 AM   #25
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
ed

Depends what I'm doing, but a 'full' clean can take 4 hours+ (much to the disgust of the missus,) but a quick wash is about an hour...
OK what e.d. should have posted was

"Fizz washes my bike probably about once a week, it does get filthy but thats coz I do alot of miles, if its really bad I take it to tescos to rinse the worst of it off but only because I dont want to get nagged about it, I think it takes him about an hour"

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 12:02 PM   #26
diamond

I would wash it more but i work 7 days a week every week so when i'm not working or asleep i wanna be riding not washing.
Old 05-12-05, 01:40 PM   #27
Warren

just finnished a quick wash and small winter prep.
took 2 hours.

muck off, rinse, shammy,
all covered in bikespray,
all nuts and bolts covered in grease,
all pivot points covered in grease.
quick lube of the cables.

the bit that takes the longest is the bit where all the chain oil runs down my fairing panel. takes about half an hour that bit alone, and takes about 2 mins to get dirty again (oh the joys of owning a yellow bike)
Old 05-12-05, 07:53 PM   #28
JediGoat

Have had my current bike about 7 weeks, and haven't washed it yet. It was black...it's now two-tone black and greyish brown...even I'm getting embarrased

Had my previous bike 3 months, and never quite got round to washing that before it was written off...but then, it was the summer

Jo -> no good at housework either
JediGoat is offline   Reply With Quote