SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-01-12, 05:11 PM   #21
Traders

Default Re: Solar Panels

In a nearby town the council are installing solar panels on all of their properties...the tennents in these must be on a winner or is it the council ?? I would be well annoyed if thats where my council tax money was going.
Traders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12, 05:17 PM   #22
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traders View Post
In a nearby town the council are installing solar panels on all of their properties...the tennents in these must be on a winner or is it the council ?? I would be well annoyed if thats where my council tax money was going.
In this case the council will likely be getting all the benefit from the feed-in-tarriff whereas the tenants will probably be getting cheaper electricity when the sun is shining.

The banks and energy companies were doing a similar thing where you pay £99 and they cover the cost of the panels, the problem is they own the panels and obviously take the feed-in-tarriff. On a council property its probably simpler but on a private property this can then lead to a shared interest in the property and a potentially complications when you come to sell.

In the longer term it probably reduces the overall council bill as the installations will pay for themselves over time, then generating profit. Assuming that they are paying a competitive installation rate that is.

Last edited by flymo; 31-01-12 at 05:19 PM.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12, 05:22 PM   #23
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersaw View Post
how **** can you make your house look?

the panels do look out of place in this particular case, I guess it depends on the color and style of the building. Looks much better on a slate/dark tiled roof. I think they look kinda cool in the right place.
Old 31-01-12, 05:27 PM   #24
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

For that money you could buy a load of hamsters, keep them in your shed, run electricity off the hamster wheels and then deep fry them and eat them as snacks once they get too old to run fast enough.
Old 31-01-12, 05:33 PM   #25
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
For that money you could buy a load of hamsters, keep them in your shed, run electricity off the hamster wheels and then deep fry them and eat them as snacks once they get too old to run fast enough.