SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 23-06-08, 10:57 AM   #21
stuartyboy

Default Re: At Last! Back on the bike (and the forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger View Post
Thanks to everyone for all the replies and kind words, going for a run tonight with Ralph, at least he'll get a good laugh at my skill set.
Yes I will be at the massacre although not sure i'll manage the full 250.

Abby / indy I've still got the truffle box, i'll get it back to you eventually.

On a brighter note, after last years "challanges" I've asked Hazel to marry me and surprisingly enough she said yes, looks like August 2009 but not confirmed yet. Need to practice riding with the Kilt on so I can arrive at the church in style
SHAMONE!!!!! Well done matey. magic to hear you're back again. Congrats on the wedding too.

If you two guys are out tonight then let me know when and where...I "might" be able to join up with you for a bit.

Great news man!
Old 23-06-08, 12:29 PM   #22
Tiger 55

Quote:
I've asked Hazel to marry me and surprisingly enough she said yes
You're surprised, imagine how astonished she must be!

Congratulations to you both
Old 23-06-08, 06:49 PM   #23
independentphoto

Quote:
Abby / indy I've still got the truffle box, i'll get it back to you eventually.

On a brighter note, after last years "challanges" I've asked Hazel to marry me and surprisingly enough she said yes. Need to practice riding with the Kilt on so I can arrive at the church in style
Bloody hell mate - Great news Well done.

Not too worried about that little box at the mo.

As usual, we thought about popping over once or twice but didn't want to make a nuisance of ourselves. Glad your back on the run.

Garry
Old 23-06-08, 09:40 PM   #24
-Ralph-

Quote:
going for a run tonight with Ralph, at least he'll get a good laugh at my skill set.
Dont believe a word of it! He's sharking you all in time for the next rideout!

We've had a good swift run, as fast as I would normally go on roads I don't know well (chasing the limit point, etc) and faced paced enough on the last leg home from peebles that we could easily have attracted attention from the law.

The only time I had to wait for him is because he stopped to put his sunglasses on!

Just did this http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl...1.19751&z=10in a wee bit over 2 1/2 hours

Riding west into the setting sun, coming back from Peebles to Harthill, was taking the expression "blind faith" far too literally. There were corners that disappeared into black retinal overload, and straights that could have had a 500 lb stag standing in the middle of the road and we wouldn't have seen it 'til we hit it!

But what an evening run, blue skies, great corners and beautiful scenery! Thanks KG for the company!

Last edited by -Ralph-; 23-06-08 at 09:44 PM.
Old 23-06-08, 10:30 PM   #25
northwind
Mega Poster

Aye, it was a fantastic night for a ride... Glad to hear it went well!
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-08, 06:43 AM   #26
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
chasing the limit point
I have no idea what that means.

Sounds like fun though!
Old 24-06-08, 07:47 AM   #27
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:

We've had a good swift run, as fast as I would normally go on roads I don't know well (chasing the limit point, etc) and faced paced enough on the last leg home from peebles that we could easily have attracted attention from the law.

The only time I had to wait for him is because he stopped to put his sunglasses on!

Just did this http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl...1.19751&z=10in a wee bit over 2 1/2 hours

Riding west into the setting sun, coming back from Peebles to Harthill, was taking the expression "blind faith" far too literally. There were corners that disappeared into black retinal overload, and straights that could have had a 500 lb stag standing in the middle of the road and we wouldn't have seen it 'til we hit it!

But what an evening run, blue skies, great corners and beautiful scenery! Thanks KG for the company!
Nice route

Not that I REALLY know it (dispite you being within about 30 miles of where I used to live )

You should try the road that goes from the A74 to Cumnock through Muirkirk

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-08, 07:56 AM   #28
hovis

welcome back

Old 24-06-08, 11:46 AM   #29
Kilted Ginger

Quote:
a wee bit over 2 1/2 hours

Riding west into the setting sun, coming back from Peebles to Harthill, was taking the expression "blind faith" far too literally.
Ralph as usual is being generous, its easy to follow someone leaving all the decisions to them, fair to assume if they get round a corner and your following them at the same speed you'll get round the corner (usually)

What he didn't mention was that it took me an hour to do the 20 miles from my house to his, partly because of my riding and partly because i got lost (WTF) ended up doing 30+ miles along country roads and crossed the same railway line 4 times

As for the sun, honestly never seen anything like it you'd get half way round a corner and everything (I mean everything dissapeared) Road/ hills/ ralph/ white lines, all vanished into whiteness. Had my head tipped that far forward to shade my eyes i was literally able to see 3 feet in front of the tyre, roll off the power and hope your still on your side of the road when you can see again.

Oh and the nice council people had managed to cover about 10 miles of road with nice fresh chuckies.

Despite all that it was a good run and good to get some miles under the belt, sore and tired today but who cares.

Thanks again Ralph.
Old 24-06-08, 03:34 PM   #30
Quedos

Good to see you back hunni! Don't worry about that wee pot - i've still got the ingredients to make them - so you never know.