SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-11-06, 01:53 PM   #21
gettin2dizzy

yeah, i spent years on a 125 in **** **** kit going up and down motorways for hours on end. It would really get me down. Would take about 5 hours for me to get warm once i'd arrived, i'd be really cold to the core. Now i've just bought a dainese gator goretex jacket and trousers and i'm amazed by them. Did 5 hours in the heaviest rain i've seen this year with only 2 thin thermal layers underneath. I arrived dry as a bone and nice and toasty good luck with it
Old 28-11-06, 02:14 PM   #22
Daimo

Feeling a bit more perky now. AS some have said, its just the "poo morning, made 10X worse, then made worse a bit more, then a bit more "

Thing is, i love riding my bike still, thats not the problem, its London, its retarded bus/cyclist drivers, couriers and fart-ped riders who are thought of as bikers, so we get the cr4p from them.

Hating London doesn't help.

I can deal with the cold, the ice, the snow, the wind, the oil ridden roads, the irrate drivers, the scuicidal cyclists, the "dumb as feck" bus drivers, the pikey white van men... Its just when all that happens, AND i get soaked, AND think of whats happened this year, you know when it just really gets you down....

I won't ever stop riding a bike though... Can't work outside london either yet, not skilled enough to earn my wage out of london.

PS< yeah, old man had a Benelli Tornado, wiped out by a driver trying to cut accross traffic at lights without thinking of anyone else. Slowest accident ever at 20mph, but bent all the frame, crushed his leg etc... He'll be ok, its more of a recovery time thing. He's already eyeing up the 900cc Carbon Fibre model, or the new 1130cc model, so he's not that bad Just a bit of a "broken" body
Old 28-11-06, 06:35 PM   #23
K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo
PS< yeah, old man had a Benelli Tornado...
See, I knew it was something beginning with 'B'.
Old 28-11-06, 07:23 PM   #24
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

I'd go for one of those cheap plastic oversuit things for your commute in the wet.Throw it away when it gives up.
Just a thought.Is'nt it about time someone designed a waterproof system for attaching gloves to sleeves?Can't be that difficult.
Old 28-11-06, 11:30 PM   #25
K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles
Just a thought.Is'nt it about time someone designed a waterproof system for attaching gloves to sleeves?Can't be that difficult.
Thay have - it's called Gaffa Tape.
Old 28-11-06, 11:43 PM   #26
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Trouble with Gaffa tape is you need someone else to put the last bit on.That or a third hand which would then get wet.
Old 29-11-06, 12:22 PM   #27
valleyboy

Or you buy the HG Master gloves... which IMO are the best gloves for keeping water out of your sleeves on the bike.... water cant blow under, water cant trickle down. sorted.
Old 08-01-07, 01:41 PM   #28
Daimo

And to top the year off....

Thursday night before Xmas Eve, was knocked off by a guy doing a U turn outside london bridge. I was doing about 15mph, 2nd gear, he turned as i was at his rear 3/4 panel and no-where to go, leg between car and bike, bike toppled over....

SAME F-ING PANELS i've just had bloody replaced.

Then Xmas eve i get a nice letter telling me that the pedestrian that walked out in front of me in a no pedestrian zone has been paid out, i've lost my NCB (Down to 3 years now from 7 years). I was sent a letter saying case was closed about 1.5 years ago, so i threw away all the paperwork.

So police says pedestrian was at fault, I've found out the witness wasn't contacted, the bloke at fault broke 2 ribbs so HAD to be paid out...

There wont be any way i can get my NCB back.... Happy Xmas eh... So i say to the women, "so, if i just go walk out in front of a car, my fault, i get a broken leg, i can then claim and get a few k..... simple, i don't need to work again, just go look for slowish moving cars and break my legs a few times and get a few thousand quid every time... Why not eh???"

Anyone got a spare right hand side curvy indicator... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 08-01-07, 01:53 PM   #29
Jdubya

Tough luck there mate...
Heres hoping 2007 goes better for you!
Old 09-01-07, 02:44 PM   #30
redlavachips

just asking was ur frank thomas stuff leather, cause nearly all leather stuff that my dad used to wear when he used to motorcycle alway leaked at the seams of the leather.
but but kit work great:
alpinestars textile jacket £80
hien gericke trouser ( new for xmas) £70
nitro boots £40
****ty gloves ( which are ****) £20