SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-09-06, 10:24 AM   #21
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspiel
Bit the bullet and went for the SRAD shock as the softer spring should suit my lower weight better. The shock looks in good nick just the paint flaking off the spring. If it doesn't come for this sat i may get it powdercoated before i fit it.
Gonna be a busy boy this weekend if it comes for saturday.

Any rough settings to dial into it ? Cheers
I am surprised you want softer than stock?!!??
Old 27-09-06, 09:45 AM   #22
Stormspiel

Got round to fitting the shock on monday. The Damping is 1,000,000 X better than the old shock, the spring is just about right without adjustment. The rear has raised about inch & 1/2 from stock (or feels to have). Seems a touch soft 2-up but for the amount of 2-up i do it aint that big of a problem.

Results so far....got my knee down Rear inspires MUCH more confidence now it's not wobbling.

Further to my Jet Post i Did that 2 weeks ago now and the results are brilliant (147.5 mains, De-snorkel). No more stinky exhaust from the rich mixture. No flat spots in the rev range and she pulls like a train from 2K to limiter in every gear.
Top speed: no noticable difference to be honest,
Acceleration: better by a long way, Picks up from low revs much easier and revs more freely.

Now all i have to do is stick her on the dyno and make sure everythings tickety boo. How much should i be paying for a dyno run with fuel/air readout ?? £15-20 ??
Old 27-09-06, 10:25 AM   #23
northwind
Mega Poster

I usually pay a tenner, but that's pretty cheap. Youngs are amused by my bike so I think I get a discount
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-06, 12:42 PM   #24
lukemillar

As much as I would like to take credit for 'The List', I pinched from our good friends across the pond on www.svrider.com! They had an uber-thread going on this subject!