SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-12-06, 11:06 AM   #21
DanDare

My Spitfire is in for repairs!
Old 01-12-06, 11:49 AM   #22
Ceri JC

Initially for fun, but now primarily because it's a very good form of transport (although I still ride for fun too).

I couldn't go back to sitting in traffic all the time.
Old 01-12-06, 11:54 AM   #23
Steve H

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare
My Spitfire is in for repairs!
Wow, the bike must seem very slow when your normal transport is a fighter plane.
.............well, someone had to say it.
Old 01-12-06, 12:15 PM   #24
Samnooshka

I started riding as it went against what my parents thought i woud do, i also had no interest in learning to drive at the time so spent my lesson money on doing my cbt and spent my student loan on my first bike.

I love the feeling that i can be on my own with my thoughts, even when riding in a group, and then the social aspect of it like soho or selkent. the feeling of being free, and that i don't have to sit in traffic.
Old 01-12-06, 12:25 PM   #25
Baph

SOOO many reasons why...

Mainly, because fuel in the car was costing silly money for me to be sitting in rush hour trafic getting no-where. So I sat down & did all the sums, worked it out, and bought a CG125. The engine on the CG went skitzo, so I sat down again with paper & pen, and bought an SV

I have wanted a bike for years, but haven't been that interested in them, just something I fancied doing, and as many, my folks always said "no". When I bought the CG & SV, the old lady still said "I don't want you to do it, but it's your money & your life."

Now I see the clear advantages of being more economic, easier in traffic, a pure buzz, and as others, time spent by myself which is VERY rare in my case.
Old 01-12-06, 02:12 PM   #26
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero
I often wonder: Why bother having a car, unless you have a million kids to shepard about and/or huge items to deliver?
i have a car right now - i'd never be without one, though i can be without the bike (e.g. in winter ). to me, it means not having to get changed everywhere, warmth without hassle (i.e. wrapping up in lots of layers), and more home comforts (stereo, etc).
Old 01-12-06, 02:40 PM   #27
Alpinestarhero

LOL i guess so, i hadnt considered some of those things (specialy the changing into more appropriate work attire)

I'm not too bothered about not having a radio. The tone's and Notes from my exhaust is music to my ears!

Kinda like a D-tuned guitar riff

Matt
Old 01-12-06, 04:11 PM   #28
muffles

i think the reason i have a car is summed up by the words "creature comforts"

although i would be without a bike in winter - it's the exact opposite in decent weather. i'd not want to be without it!

car is also useful for travelling long distances, too (hundreds of miles).
Old 01-12-06, 04:21 PM   #29
Grinch

Why do birds suddenly appear, every-time you are near...
Old 01-12-06, 04:40 PM   #30
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
Why do birds suddenly appear, every-time you are near...
It's the ones that when you aim for the back of them, and they turn around to fly away the opposite way they were facing (into you) that you have to watch for!