SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 26-03-09, 10:44 PM   #21
rigor

Default Re: Lydden 18th April

Nah, we'll be slumming it in the travelodge up the road I'm a person who likes my creature comforts (and travelodge > caravan or tent or back of van ) plus we'll be bringing the dawgs down. Not sure everyone else would appreciate being woken up by howling
Old 27-03-09, 10:52 AM   #22
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
Nah, we'll be slumming it in the travelodge up the road I'm a person who likes my creature comforts (and travelodge > caravan or tent or back of van ) plus we'll be bringing the dawgs down. Not sure everyone else would appreciate being woken up by howling
i'd appreciate it even less if i'd paid for a room somewhere and got woken up. lol
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-09, 10:57 AM   #23
rigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
i'd appreciate it even less if i'd paid for a room somewhere and got woken up. lol

Funnily enough they're fine in the room It's just when the sun comes up and their outside
Old 27-03-09, 11:37 AM   #24
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post

Funnily enough they're fine in the room It's just when the sun comes up and their outside
sounds like they've got identity problems...isn't it cockerills that are supposed to make loads of noise when the sun comes up?
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-09, 11:43 AM   #25
lawson17

Hi,

I'll be there too, never been to lydden, does anyone know if there will be access to 240v powerpoints for tyre warmers?
Old 15-04-09, 12:09 PM   #26
rigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson17 View Post
Hi,

I'll be there too, never been to lydden, does anyone know if there will be access to 240v powerpoints for tyre warmers?
There are some power points in the paddock area, I guess they're 240v, they look like the big blue caravan type adapters..... I'm so helpful
Old 15-04-09, 10:18 PM   #27
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Yes there is, they've just put a whole lot of new ones in as well.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-09, 09:54 AM   #28
stuballs

Has anyone else had anything through from Lydden yet? I spoke to them yesterday and they said they were sending all the information out yesterday. When I pointed out that if there's a problem or I don't receive it I'll not know until I get home, by which point they will be closed. When I asked if there was any special information I should know about the day (I've not been there before) the response I got was less than helpful. Doesn't inspire confidence. This is why I always use focussed events!

So I'm just going to turn up at 8 with both parts of my licence and see what happens

I'll be on the blue curvy with shamefully new and shiny black/grey teknic leathers. Come and say hi.

See you tomorrow.

Stu
Old 18-04-09, 07:47 PM   #29
Red Herring
Mega Poster

I thought that was a cracking day. The weather turned out fine after a slightly damp first session and I got in eight 15 minute sessions with only one minor interruption all day. I think all the other groups faired quite well as well, I think I saw one bike on it's side but otherwise it just seemed the odd rider ran off into the gravel. I completely destroyed a rear tyre though.....Lydden does have hidden costs.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-09, 08:42 PM   #30
stuballs

Twas a good day. I left before our final session as my front brake was starting to play up. Thought it best to quit while i was ahead! Actually stayed in the novice group all day as it was a very broad mix of abilities. Only complaint was that the mix of abilities was a bit too broad in some groups and there were some guys in the novice group who were just there to beat up people slower than them up the inside on every opportunity. If it had been my first track day i would have been pretty annoyed with what the marshalls let some of those guys get away with. Other than that it was a great day with very few incidents.

I was also very impressed by how my Dunload Roadsmarts held up. Great grip all day.