SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-01-08, 11:08 AM   #21
neio79

Default Re: Can you trace a telephone number???

If you know the number select it and permently divert it to a random un used number.
Old 29-01-08, 11:14 AM   #22
missyburd

sounds like it's probably a change of number job

hope you get this sorted hun
Old 29-01-08, 11:26 AM   #23
Kate Moss

i hope it gets sorted too - think im just going to have to change my number and start again.
Old 29-01-08, 11:32 AM   #24
Pedro68

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
If you know the number select it and permently divert it to a random un used number.
Or simply divert it back to where it came if you know the number (can you do that? would be fun if you could )

EDIT: of course, this wouldn't stop the text messages tho
Old 29-01-08, 11:37 AM   #25
gettin2dizzy

Anyone work in O2 ?
Old 29-01-08, 12:04 PM   #26
Viney
Mega Poster

If you want to find the area that it originates from, then use Streetmap and you can enter the dialing code. It will then confirm your suspisions, and the need to take it further. My girlfrind had to change her number because of harrassement from her Brothers new woman. I also had to change my number when i was being stalked by Angelina Jolie
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-08, 12:06 PM   #27
K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
I also had to change my number when i was being stalked by Angelina Jolie
Was that to make it easier for her to remember?
Old 29-01-08, 12:10 PM   #28
Kate Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
If you want to find the area that it originates from, then use Streetmap and you can enter the dialing code. It will then confirm your suspisions, and the need to take it further. My girlfrind had to change her number because of harrassement from her Brothers new woman. I also had to change my number when i was being stalked by Angelina Jolie

but if it's a mobile number??? which i think it must be if the answer machine is automate by o2
Old 29-01-08, 12:17 PM   #29
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
Anyone work in O2 ?
There's your answer...

Either find someone that works at O2 who could 'accidentally' bring up the account details for that number, or... (and this is clever even if I do say so myself...)...

Phone O2 Customer Services, give them the rogue number, and when they ask to confirm your name give the name of the person you THINK it is. If they ask you any further security questions, you've got it right, if not just hang up and try again with any other names you think it might be.

This should probably be done from a Phonebox etc, just in case but I'd give that an 80% chance of success if you tried it.

Disclaimer - this is probably illegal and shouldn't be done etc etc blah blah....

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-08, 12:20 PM   #30
Kate Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMio View Post
There's your answer...

Either find someone that works at O2 who could 'accidentally' bring up the account details for that number, or... (and this is clever even if I do say so myself...)...

Phone O2 Customer Services, give them the rogue number, and when they ask to confirm your name give the name of the person you THINK it is. If they ask you any further security questions, you've got it right, if not just hang up and try again with any other names you think it might be.

This should probably be done from a Phonebox etc, just in case but I'd give that an 80% chance of success if you tried it.

Disclaimer - this is probably illegal and shouldn't be done etc etc blah blah....

how very cunning! but i don't think i have the "balls" to do it!