SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-11-07, 12:04 PM   #21
Flex

Default Re: North West 200

dude ur not helpin me here, i was tryin t make out like i said eire on purpose and tht it was easier thn sayin Northern Ireland.......thnx 4 tht lol
Old 13-11-07, 12:06 PM   #22
BLACKFIRE

I really wanted to go to this last year but couldnt find anywhere to stay
Ended up at the TT again as I have a friend that lives over their but I really want to go this year.
Going to camp if I cant find anywhere but where is the best place ??? Not specific places but area ?? Ideally would like to crawl out of tent and walk as will be drinking copious amounts of the black necter
Old 13-11-07, 01:18 PM   #23
busasean

North west 200 is superb, i tend to go most years but its a balls ache of a journey from hastings to stranraer and from Belfast/larne up to bushmills.
my gran lives in Dervock, and my uncle in Billy nr Bushmills so i always have free accomadation. also have a friend in Antrim town. the only downside to the event is the police who are useless. the highlight of last year was watching Guy Martins awesome overtake on the inside of a rider over the blind crest of a sweeping lefthander with his pegs scraping the road in a shower of sparks an inch from the kerb at silly mph! tend to go for a meal at the lodge hotel in Colraine every yr (well, every visit really!) as the food is so good. mind you most places tend to do good food in portrush/ portstewart. Giants causeway is worth a visit whilst your there.
Old 13-11-07, 01:59 PM   #24
bignev

Blackfire the only way you will find anywhere to stay is to trawl any sites you can see with accomodation in Portrush, Portstewart, Coleraine anywhere in that area. There are some caravan sites that are within staggerin distance that you could camp on but to be honest the owners will probably get their arm in for fees.

Check the website out as well cause as far as I can remember there are lists on it of places to stay.

http://www.northwest200.org/

Nev.