SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 20-07-06, 01:07 PM   #21
carty

Ahem, as I was typing a few posts were added including the one saying that just a group of muslims was going, not a muslim exclusive day as was implied by the first post.

Old 20-07-06, 01:08 PM   #22
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharriso74
Quote:
“We’re trying to get Muslims to go to this day because they wouldn’t normally go somewhere like Alton Towers. We’re trying to integrate Muslims into the wider community. People can come down and see the way we live. It will be a peaceful family environment
So having a single faith day is intergration?

I don't believe that Alton Towers should hire the park out to ANY minority group be it Christian, Great British Bird Watching Society, Alcoholics Anonomous or Gay - I think if Alton Towers do hire the park out they should at least have the decency to do it in the closed Season.
Well perhaps they want a muslim only day so they dont have to tolerate the kind of attitudes normally displayed to them as demonstrated in this thread.

Old 20-07-06, 01:09 PM   #23
helen

I imagine they've paid out an awful lot of cash to have the park to themselves - just as someone would fork out a fortune to have exclusive use of the place for a wedding or something.

So maybe it's just capitalism!

That reminds me - I think I read somewhere that the place was double booked with a wedding - maybe that's caused the furore.

Old 20-07-06, 01:11 PM   #24
sharriso74

That would be a cool place to get married.

Imagine doing your vows on one of the rides " I doooooooooooo aaarrrgghhhhhhh"

Old 20-07-06, 01:12 PM   #25
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: What is this country coming too??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffy
Alton towers being hired out for a Muslim only day, Surely if this was done by "whites only" it'd be classed as racism?
Yes, but "muslims" doesn't equal "non white". How about if it was hired out for a Christian only event?

Oh, wait, I see Lynw's already said that. Never mind
But we're oh so easily swayed"
Old 20-07-06, 01:14 PM   #26
Swiss

Lyn, perhaps you should go with them just to show them how liberal you are.

Old 20-07-06, 01:16 PM   #27
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffy
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/07/12/nwedd12.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/07/12/ixuknews.html

So because this so called minority group have hired the park for the day this couple have got to abide by there rules...
Complete bollox if you ask me

Also theres no music allowed, no alcohol, no gambling.
Instead there will be prayer areas, Muslim stalls and all food served will be HALAL.
Taking things a little too far to compensate thier needs imho
If HMRC hired the park out for its staff and you went on that day, then you would have to abide by their rules ie no dope [if you were into that sort of thing], no bootlegged ciggies or alcohol [if you had any]. Not the best example but just to make a point, that if someone hires it out and they have done so for their staff then you have to abide by their rules. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that for everyone else, but because its muslims it gives you all a chance to do a bit of muslim bashing.

Old 20-07-06, 01:19 PM   #28
Peter Henry

From the little I know about it, Halal food does not entirely appear to be unappetising to me?

Old 20-07-06, 01:22 PM   #29
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
From the little I know about it, Halal food does not entirely appear to be unappetising to me?
Nor me buddy

Old 20-07-06, 01:24 PM   #30
sharriso74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Both the Jewish and Muslim religions demand that slaughter is carried out with a single cut to the throat, rather than the more widespread method of stunning with a bolt into the head before slaughter.

Sorry if you're going to kill something to eat it, do it as quickly and as painlesly as possible

Closed Thread