SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-08-07, 12:33 PM   #21
neio79

Default Re: Police want to up the drinking age to 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnooshka View Post
Parents are unsure of what punishment is good punishment and there is nowhere really for them to turn apart from parenting classes, which as far as many parents are concerned are a waste of time.

dosent help when again the jelly fish in power have outlawed smacking!! FFS its the basic for of disiplne avalible to parents at an early age.

There has to be a direct link between the demise of our society and lack of general respect and the rise of political correctness and human rights this and that??
Old 15-08-07, 12:46 PM   #22
Samnooshka

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
dosent help when again the jelly fish in power have outlawed smacking!! FFS its the basic for of disiplne avalible to parents at an early age.

There has to be a direct link between the demise of our society and lack of general respect and the rise of political correctness and human rights this and that??

As far as i know, basic human rights are, Food, Water, and Shelter, not tv, pool table and sofa, which is what the prisons seem to think they are. So the whole human rights things gets on my wick anyway really.

As for the smacking, used correctly it can help, but all the do-gooders seem to think that a gentle smack is beating the crap out of your kids and yes in some cases smacking can go too far... it is really hard when you are so angry to control that anger and not hit so hard as to cause actual harm. But then there is that thing called moderation which in this country is non existant. It should be up to the parent to decide what punishment is right for certain situations not the courts... at the end of the day, if i found out that my kid has been out drinking and causing havvock, he'd be given a good hiding then marched down to the police station to tell them where he got the booze etc from and pay for any damage caused.

Last edited by Samnooshka; 15-08-07 at 12:55 PM.
Old 15-08-07, 01:15 PM   #23
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
As far as i know, basic human rights are, Food, Water, and Shelter, not tv, pool table and sofa, which is what the prisons seem to think they are. So the whole human rights things gets on my wick anyway really.

As for the smacking, used correctly it can help, but all the do-gooders seem to think that a gentle smack is beating the crap out of your kids and yes in some cases smacking can go too far... it is really hard when you are so angry to control that anger and not hit so hard as to cause actual harm. But then there is that thing called moderation which in this country is non existant.
There are no such things as Human rights.

It is not our right to food, or to water, or to shelter.

The society that we live in says that we should have access to these things, and as a by-product of being part of this society, which means living by its rules, and doing our bit, we are entitled to this.

Why should someone that breaks the rules be entitled to to any of that?

Because we hope that when they have had their punishment they will then go on to contribute.

We have issues over rubbish collection, street cleaning because of the cost.

Why should it not be a requirement that anyone who is able-bodied has to go out and improve the environment for society, to actually work for the handouts they get.

Why not bring in legislation that means that in return for your dole money, and housing benefit you have to do x hours of community service.

And as for kids, make the parents legally responsible for what they do, so that if the kid steals a car and receives a ban, the father takes the theft rap and has to go on the bus for a while. That would encourage parents to know where their kids are.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-07, 01:21 PM   #24
neio79

Quote:

As for the smacking, used correctly it can help, but all the do-gooders seem to think that a gentle smack is beating the crap out of your kids and yes in some cases smacking can go too far... it is really hard when you are so angry to control that anger and not hit so hard as to cause actual harm. But then there is that thing called moderation which in this country is non existant. It should be up to the parent to decide what punishment is right for certain situations not the courts... at the end of the day, if i found out that my kid has been out drinking and causing havvock, he'd be given a good hiding then marched down to the police station to tell them where he got the booze etc from and pay for any damage caused.
+1 Agreed.
Old 15-08-07, 01:35 PM   #25
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:

Glad youre not my mum
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-07, 02:27 PM   #26
Jester666

Quote:

In total agreement with this.

A clip round the ear never did me any harm. I do despair at all the PC stuff going on at the moment!
Where will it all end?
Old 15-08-07, 03:45 PM   #27
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
In total agreement with this.

A clip round the ear never did me any harm. I do despair at all the PC stuff going on at the moment!
Where will it all end?
So is it actually illegal to smack your kid on the bum????? how stupid. I got smacked plenty of times, and i'm not mentally scared for life.

Kids learn from those around them, so maybe some of the little s*1ts that go around causing everyone grief are just copying their beered up loud mouth parents. After all, as someone has already said, there are plenty of adults out there who behave just as badly when they drink. Maybe the copper is right, its down to parents to set a good example, but who can do anything about their behavior.
Old 15-08-07, 04:13 PM   #28
keithd

i was smacked as a child too, by both parents. mum usually, but if especially bad dad got involved. scary.

and i'm living proof that there's nothing wrong with smacking your child. can't get any more normal than me.

carry on (screaming)
Old 15-08-07, 04:29 PM   #29
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
So is it actually illegal to smack your kid on the bum?????
On the bum did you say sir? That would be sexual assault sir, and with a child, ohh looks like you are going away for a LONG time sir. Mind if we have a look on your computer sir...............

Words that may appear in a court some time soon if the nannies get their way....

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-07, 04:32 PM   #30
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
On the bum did you say sir? That would be sexual assault sir, and with a child, ohh looks like you are going away for a LONG time sir. Mind if we have a look on your computer sir...............

Words that may appear in a court some time soon if the nannies get their way....
you cant say that! you will upset the child molesters! its not fair on them

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote