SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-05-06, 08:28 AM   #21
keithd

people that say what instead of pardon...
Old 19-05-06, 08:29 AM   #22
sharriso74

Sunday drivers just as you get to the twisty bit
Old 19-05-06, 08:32 AM   #23
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharriso74
The reason I hate telesales firstly it is an unsolicited phone call taking me away from whatever I was doing. If I was intrested in the product I would have contacted them. I do not want to speak to some poorly paid call centre worker following a script.
That goes for door to door as well....
Old 19-05-06, 09:30 AM   #24
Anonymous

Quote:
The reason I hate telesales firstly it is an unsolicited phone call taking me away from whatever I was doing. If I was intrested in the product I would have contacted them. I do not want to speak to some poorly paid call centre worker following a script.
Thats just a standard excuse - however the purpose of telesales is two fold.

1) to increase awareness of any given product within the market place. You will be surprised about the number of people out there who before receiving a telesales call didnt know about that product. This is true in both B2C and B2B environments.

2) to increase the sales of that product. Telesales is a proven and ever increasing method of uping your sales figures. More and more companies are increasing their use of the telephone as the quickest and most convenient way of establishing customer contacts. Organisations recognise that telesales and telemarketing are a key part of their sales strategy.

I agree that there is nothing worse in receiving a poorly trained, hard sales, telemarketing call. I had one the other night from an Indian lady on behalf of Bulldog Broadband. The second i answered she launched into a poorly rehersed hard sell script. I had to shout her down to get her to listen to me. Telesalers like that will be costing business vast quantities of business. However, if you get a professional, well trained sales agent who knows his/her stuff - it can make all the difference.
Old 19-05-06, 09:36 AM   #25
Shinsei Jutsu

The waiter after a nice meal in a posh restuarant..................... sorry I thought you said coat.
Old 19-05-06, 09:38 AM   #26
DanDare

Sales or sales people frustrate me.

I either want something or I don't! I won't have someone making the choice for me.

The other thing is Sales people are only really driven by commision on what they sell. So they're not really interested in you or helping you. They're only really interested in making money from you.

A good salesman in my opinion makes the product sell itself.
Old 19-05-06, 09:59 AM   #27
sharriso74

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyerkneedown
Quote:
Thats just a standard excuse - however the purpose of telesales is two fold.

1) to increase awareness of any given product within the market place. You will be surprised about the number of people out there who before receiving a telesales call didnt know about that product. This is true in both B2C and B2B environments.

2) to increase the sales of that product. Telesales is a proven and ever increasing method of uping your sales figures. More and more companies are increasing their use of the telephone as the quickest and most convenient way of establishing customer contacts. Organisations recognise that telesales and telemarketing are a key part of their sales strategy.

I agree that there is nothing worse in receiving a poorly trained, hard sales, telemarketing call. I had one the other night from an Indian lady on behalf of Bulldog Broadband. The second i answered she launched into a poorly rehersed hard sell script. I had to shout her down to get her to listen to me. Telesalers like that will be costing business vast quantities of business. However, if you get a professional, well trained sales agent who knows his/her stuff - it can make all the difference.
What you have said there is fair enough if I'm part of a company of a particular product that wants to increase their sales exposure. My point is from that of a private indvidual in their own home being cold called. If I had requested information on a particular product then fine call me otherwise this is a residential line so bugger off. I take enough calls from vendors at work I don't need it when I get home.

There many other avenues of advertising that are less obtrusive
Old 19-05-06, 10:07 AM   #28
Amanda M

Quote:
Sunday drivers just as you get to the twisty bit
Oh I agree with you there
Old 19-05-06, 10:07 AM   #29
Amanda M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsei Jutsu
The waiter after a nice meal in a posh restuarant..................... sorry I thought you said coat.
Oh dear!!!
Old 19-05-06, 10:09 AM   #30
Iansv

Everyone and Everything