SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-08-07, 02:31 PM   #21
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: i have a problem (of sorts) (warning big images)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad53ggz View Post
thanks all for your help i was hoping it was something stupid, and it was!! thanks.
You need some new tyres dude, look at the perishing on the front!!

It is a mystery how them scrapes got on the bung really as even if other stuff let you lean that far, you would probably have crushed ya leg a bit before getting to the bung, it looks more like a 'garden path wall' type injury to me as the scraping isn't really in quite the right direction if it were the road ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650Racer View Post
...You can see from this picture of me leaning the bike over during a fast corner that the crash bung is a long way off getting near the floor!...
As is the whole bike!! Evidently Hopkins you are not!!

But yes, even though your bike has completely different bungs fitted to what ad53ggz’s has the R&Gs like he has for the curvy – although they do stick out 5 miles, are still only gonna scrape after other stuff!!

As he hasn’t even got rearsets, certainly the pegs would have gone down first!!
Old 29-08-07, 05:14 PM   #22
stuartyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650Racer View Post
You can see from this picture of me leaning the bike over during a fast corner that the crash bung is a long way off getting near the floor!.
methinks this was just an excuse to show a cool picture and have us all drooling

So was I right then - the front mud guard? What do I win?
Old 29-08-07, 05:18 PM   #23
stuartyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsv650 View Post
you still have some chicken strip on the rear which means nothing could have been touching you have to go right over to the edge of the tyre to get the pegs, brake, gear selector down....
Not strictly true...I have corsa III's on the kwak which have 1/2 inch strips and scraped hero blobs
Old 29-08-07, 05:41 PM   #24
aarond

it was no excuse to show a picture if it was i definitely wouldn't have showed you all the chicken strips on the tyres !!!, anyway went round a different corner today with friend following and footpeg scraped so looks like whatever happened before was a one off and was the stone in the front fender thing like said. So thanks everyone! Now all i need is practice to get rid of those chicken strips so i can hold my head up high lol.

Oh and btw hope i don't need new tyres quite yet just bought those 2 brand new about 1500-2000 miles ago( 2months) and i can't afford any new one's just now, plus they have tons of tread.
Old 29-08-07, 06:03 PM   #25
northwind
Mega Poster

Nah, there's nothing wrong with those IMO... What tyre are they? They just look like they've been fairly hot, but not hot enough to snot up.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 03:15 PM   #26
aarond

Quote:
What tyre are they?
dunlop sport max D208 (sorry about long delay before replying)