SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 08-01-15, 08:56 PM   #21
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Default Re: Glencoe Massacre Viii - 2015 - It won't be Boring but it could be Dull!

Friday is the Getting there and meeting up day.
Main rideout is on Saturday - it'll be around about 200 miles and back to The MacDonald Hotel for the evening.

The Applecross Add-On isn't really part of the GM. It just happens that a few of the guys that come up for the GM then go on to Applecross on the Sunday have a rideout on the good roads in the area (Skye or Wester Ross) Then Tuesday its all head off in your own directions (mostly south)

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 09:17 PM   #22
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Glencoe Massacre Viii - 2015 - It won't be Boring but it could be Dull!

The roads at the AR were ok, just wait till you get to a GM!!!
Plan for a GM is to roll in on the Friday at some point, meet up and banter. Get up Saturday and go for a ride on roads that will make you moist, return to base for a Saturday night of banter and **** take of Andy Smith. Go home on Sunday or stay around and take part in the add-on.
Or we could do the add the week before and then I could actually go on it for a change!!! Please
?
Old 08-01-15, 09:29 PM   #23
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Default Re: Glencoe Massacre Viii - 2015 - It won't be Boring but it could be Dull!

TBH I'm hoping the roads are dry on Friday, I'll say hello to everyone and then I may have to go out and play on The Loop for a few hours...

Ron, would it be an Add-On if we went the week before? Its not fair to take the **** out of Mr Smith, mocking the afflicted is not nice...

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 09:39 PM   #24
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Ron *cough* lego axe *cough*

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 10:06 PM   #25
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutsinatin View Post
Right, hope I'm not being a pain, but after how good the roads were on AR14 I'm hoping to come up for the GM this year, so how does the format work? Is it meet Friday and ride Saturday or ride Friday and Saturday? What is the Applecross add on, is that Sunday the 16th? Sorry for the questions but I need to make sure I book enough time off work to make the most of this, if you don't mind!
You are in for a real treat, It's worth it just for the ride up.
Old 08-01-15, 10:25 PM   #26
SIII
Mega Poster

Still an add-on, just a before rather than after!!!

As for the ride up, get to Gretna, turn left, go thru d&g, over onto Dunoon, then ride up west coast. Way better than going thru the central belt.

Last edited by SIII; 08-01-15 at 10:27 PM.
SIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-15, 02:41 PM   #27
L3nny
Mega Poster

Just called the hotel me and the Mrs will be attending our first GM

Can I ask a favour? Can you all speak to her in an English accent as when she gets around other Scots she slips back into her native tongue and I can't understand a word she says.

Last edited by L3nny; 19-01-15 at 03:10 PM.
L3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-15, 03:26 PM   #28
SIII
Mega Poster

Nae chanse pal, we'll bi speekin th' mither tongue an if ya cannae unerston th' banta, tuff keek
Old 19-01-15, 04:10 PM   #29
L3nny
Mega Poster

I assume that means, "We will, of course, do anything our English overlords instruct us"

Thanks mate
Old 19-01-15, 05:12 PM   #30
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Glencoe Massacre Viii - 2015 - It won't be Boring but it could be Dull!

How's your 'How to make friends and influence people' course working out ????

You'll get a warm welcome, we do have interpreters on site for the assistance of anyone from Englandshire, Andy Smith will happily keep you up to speed with all communications