SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

View Poll Results: Which day?
Wednesday 2 20.00%
Thursday 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-04-06, 06:04 PM   #21
valleyboy

I vote for Thursday as well.... even though I'll probably only turn up at the odd one... when nobody expects me, and nobody else turns up

Wouldnt be a major problem for a wednesday... just re-schedule driving lessons...
Old 21-04-06, 08:32 AM   #22
Anonymous

Ok lets close this and say THURSDAYS...........

THURSDAYS

I think we should have one thread stickued pos called 'The Thursday Night Bristol Pub Thread'.......mod? then that can juts run and run without starting a new one each week.
Old 21-04-06, 08:41 AM   #23
Jaqui_uk

I've voted too! Thursday's good... it'll be great to meet y'all

So what date are you planning on starting this up?

Jax
Old 21-04-06, 08:56 AM   #24
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaqui_uk
I've voted too! Thursday's good... it'll be great to meet y'all

So what date are you planning on starting this up?

Jax

Next Wednesday...

Sorry

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-06, 08:58 AM   #25
cuffy

Thursdays it is then? Gonna have too find a different night to wash me hair now
Old 21-04-06, 09:33 AM   #26
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffy
Thursdays it is then? Gonna have too find a different night to wash me hair now
Ha haaa, you could always use the excuse that you need to watch a bid on e-bay you have going.......

.......for a pillion seat

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-06, 01:46 PM   #27
tinpants
Ubique

Not too sure where this pub is (Rhubarb). Would it be at all possible for some kind soul to meet me at Cribbs or Filton and guide me???

Having said that I'm not sure if I'll be able to make this week as I finish nights on Thursday morning so I'll be a bit tired. Have to see. I would like to meet up with peeps from the .org; you know how it is- broadening horizons etc!
Old 24-04-06, 03:05 PM   #28
anna
Mega Poster

Nick Lord:-

It is the Roo Bar but some people cant remember simple names *cough,stretchie,cough*

The directions are as follows:

From the grim north.. come off the M5 at Cribbs. Follow signs for Bristol (possibly Bristol west. Just keep straight on the road. Dual carriageway past d*ck Lovatt BMW then keep straihght on (well bear left) at roundabout and then just dont leave that road. Loads of lights, then the Downs (grass), keep straight on aftre Downs down Hill with nice shops (Blackboy Hill) then it flattens a little into Whiteladies Rd. As you come to the bottom of whiteladies road juts before a ped crossing on right is a sign for Clifton Down Station. Rhubarb is old station (Roo Bar). If you pass Clifton Down shopping centre (Sainsburys) on right youve just missed it. If you hit Queens Road where you finally cant really go straight on youve gone too far.

From new severn bridge head into Bristol on Portway (A4?) then juts before you go under suspension bridge bear sharp tricky left up hill signed Clifton (if miss this go round docks, along river then left up hill and sort of you ariive at next set of directions in Queens Rd Triangle). Then keep on with Downs on left and zoo on right. Follow road and then when it gets complicated at end of downs turn right into Blackboy Hill as above.

From M32 (personally easier to go Cribbs way if unsure) M32 into Bristol, right at end of it. Follow Clifton (straight/on rightish at Broadmead roundabout), past bus station, then BRI keep on road into Queens Rd Triangle, keep on round triangle bearing right and then road forks left into Clifotn village and staight on/ rightish up Whiteladies rd, past BBC on right, then Clifton Down shopping centre on left, then Station on left immediately after ped crossing. If you go up steeper hill then get to downs, gone too far

I will meet you if you need to be brought in from Morrisons but give me notice if you are coming..

Cuffy:- you just know that you are not going to hear the end of this!!

Fizz:- could we have a sticky please for Bristol pub meets?
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-06, 04:17 PM   #29
cuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna

Cuffy:- you just know that you are not going to hear the end of this!!

Fizz:- could we have a sticky please for Bristol pub meets?
In my defence i put it down too nerves that i got myself, the mrs n beenz totally lost...anyway brizzle's a bloody big place ...if i do come this week im following beenz
Old 24-04-06, 05:25 PM   #30
anna
Mega Poster

cuffy I get lost all the time that's why i make sure i follow someone else

okay well anyone need directing in let me know and i can meet you at morrisons but please give me some notice otherwise i will park the bike up so i can have a few jars
anna is offline   Reply With Quote