SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-05-06, 10:02 AM   #21
tricky

Negotiating the lovely big island/junction thingy where Meadow Land joins Daleside road last night (lovely left right if you can get both lights on green). Approaching quite fast , bits of wood all over the both lanes on the left bit . Negotiated those ok, starts to accerate through the right, fecking river of diesel .

What was worst was there was a lad on a SV1000 right behind me who seemed a bit annoyed that I had slowed down !

Plus earlier in the evening following my mate down the ring road, some old dear in a Fiesta tried to change lanes without looking if there was anything in the way, missing Marks back wheel by about 2 inches (all credit to Marky for anticipating it and getting out the way).

I was about 2 car lengths back, though he was a gonner for sure
Old 19-05-06, 11:22 AM   #22
Grinch

Default When Merc's Suddenly Appear

Over took some cars past 'Bird World' (A325) on my way to work this morning, where the road goes in to a dip, pulled in front of the traffic, before the lines in the road went solid while rolling off the throttle. Noticed 2 cars waiting to pull out from the right, the Frensham turning. Car turning left pulls out, and as I can see traffic coming down the hill I think should be fine as guy waiting to turn right won't have time to pull out.
What happens! As I get close the guy in the Merc guns it, I don't think, wind up the throttle as its too late for brakes a swing left missing his bonnet/wheel arch by inches. All the time mumbling 'oh my god, what the f*ck!' Roll the throttle off back to the limit, have a quick glance back and carry on with my wet journey.
Old 19-05-06, 03:43 PM   #23
BigDog

Mine would be following my bro down his favourite road in tractor land( I am sure he will tell you which road that is) The first was while trying to keep him in sight, an S bend where it look like just a left hander, as I went round then realsing it WAS infact a small S bend and ended up with me playing chicken with a car

On the same road after I had lost sight of BigApe for about 4 or 5 minutes and it being a first rideout and not knowing where i was going or the fact that he would be at the end of the several mile road had i been lucky enough to make it, I turned round and headed back to his place only to find a corner that was sharper than expected and went grass tracking down the side of the road.

At which I said to myself "You are not on an SV your are on an XV so stop bloody riding like you are on one, you ****"