SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 13-07-07, 08:43 PM   #21
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Default Re: Kelso bike show, 14-15th July

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
on holiday again, dont know how you afford it, surely selling your body cant make that much money
You would be surprised

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-07, 08:46 PM   #22
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Now that depends upon your body now doesn't it!!

Blue Flame - sorry mate, but don't quite believe yours paid for the holiday!
Its like that cartoon sketch from 'The Broons' I saw years ago. Look quite fit untill all the layers of bike gear come off ha

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-07, 07:07 PM   #23
northwind
Mega Poster

Yes, so, I went today and it's completely s**t. Got fitted for proper earplugs, got a couple of tools and a pair of frank thomas trousers from the rejects store with a leather dying fault (to replace the pair I minced at Knockhill) and that's about it. Way less exhibitors than last year I think, though I think there was more camping and clubs. The Bandit and SV Owners Club actually had an SV this year, which makes a nice change.

Also, there were at least 3 traffic cars patrolling the main route down from Edinburgh, I got stuck behind one most of the way and saw two go the other way. Reasonable enough tbh, there were loads of bellends out, but be careful, those are great roads to ride fast.

However, if anyone does go tomorrow, you could pop by the really good touring/camping place that's always at the shows, with the display of Ortlieb drybags and Kriega rucksacks and suchlike, and find out if I left the cheap drybags I bought there or somewhere else They seem like good folks so I'm sure if I did they'd say so, but there's no point burning another £10 worth of fuel to pick up £9 worth of stuff. It would be much appreciated...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote