SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-04-08, 04:38 PM   #21
carsounds_dan

Default Re: Just Brought An Sv

okie doke, well i'm gunna take the bike for a test ride mid-week probably and taking it to a local garage to me to get it checked out, theyre really good blokes who i've known for years. I doubt i'll get my deposit back to be honest, but i'll take that as a learning stage, i'll haggle with him on everything I've been told and see if I can get it cheaper as I really do like the bike. Anyone got anything good to say about it or do people really think I should stay away?
cheers
dan
Old 20-04-08, 04:43 PM   #22
DoubleD

you could get your deposit back, false advertising, but if you really want the bike then you take your chances and as you say your going to get it checked out by a garage you trust you should not have a problem..... unless the garage gives you bad news that is going to cost you a lot to put right.

Last edited by DoubleD; 20-04-08 at 04:53 PM.
Old 20-04-08, 05:03 PM   #23
xXBADGERXx

Well it sounds like your going to ignore the advice , good luck with it .
Old 20-04-08, 05:12 PM   #24
carsounds_dan

no i'm gunna listen to it, but gunna get a garage to check it over and see whats what, i'm gunna tell him i know it's history and see if he drops price wise. If his price drops to cheap enough it's mine, if it doesnt then i'll walk
Old 20-04-08, 08:27 PM   #25
Orpheus

For insurance try Quinn Direct, i found them on GoCompare.com. Im only 21, no no claims and TPF+F was £362, about half as much as second best. Seemed too good to be true, but i've checked and double checked and cant see a problem.
Old 20-04-08, 09:40 PM   #26
St0rmer66

I'm with Carol Nash and paying ?316 TPFT at 19 with 1yr NCB. SV's are just generally quite cheap to insure .
Old 21-04-08, 11:41 AM   #27
Dangerous Dave

Default Re: Just Bought An Sv

After re-reading the threads on here I would walk away from this bike, there are plenty out there which are and have been treated better!!!

Never do a deal out of ebay, the seller will always have something to hide!
Old 21-04-08, 11:51 AM   #28
Al_Sweetman

Good luck Dave;

Just read one of the links to "Bike Chat Forums" and saw this:

Quote:
Lesson 1 - araldyte is God in a bottle
Double and triple check
Old 22-04-08, 11:15 PM   #29
carsounds_dan

just read all those threads and all of his posts on bcf...
there is no-way that was a 100mph crash lmao.. I'm gunna go see the bike with the cash in my hand on friday again and see what's going on with it... looks like I may end up buying it to be fair, I can't find an sv anywhere around here for that sort of money and those that I can are shagged and done 63000 miles.
I'll make him tell me everything that's happened to it though and get a bike shop to check it over.. I fancy fitting a SRAD or newer front end on there at some point and sorting the paint so I'll drop him on price as there is no-way im paying that money for it with that amount of "history". I'll ask for the old engine as-well.
Cheers
Dan
Old 23-04-08, 11:15 AM   #30
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsounds_dan View Post
done 63000 miles.
Nothing wrong with a high mileage SV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsounds_dan View Post
I'll drop him on price as there is no-way im paying that money for it with that amount of "history". I'll ask for the old engine as-well.
Yeah bring the price way down, its probably a can of worms going by his other posts! Doubt he'll have the other engine, and if so I doubt it will be complete!

To be honest I wouldn't get this bike, its obviously been poorly treated in the past and good knows what you will find in a few months down the line!