SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-08-09, 06:31 PM   #21
Bunks

Default Re: Someones knocked Betty over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
You have a witness who gave you the reg and presumably a description of the vehicle...

He wouldn't "just go" to lincolnshire from Essex, he will have to explain where he was if he wants to deny being there, but that will be impossible because he was there...

My betting would be once you start threatening court action he'll fold and admit liability, if he has any sense...

Your right we'll see have it pans out. Thanks to everyone for the advice adn love the picture on your posts. Send the Aussie's packing

Nick
Old 26-08-09, 10:37 AM   #22
BournemouthBen

Good luck! Lets hope he is nice enough to accept the liability.

Ben
Old 26-08-09, 11:04 AM   #23
paiste

Bunks. Good luck with the claim. I hope the police and insurance company sort it for you
Make sure you keep us posted on the outcome. I'm intruiged to know!
Old 26-08-09, 11:14 AM   #24
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Oooh, Bunks.....I really hope you get a good result on this. If the guy claims he was not there, he is in effect calling into question the character of your witness, which is not a good thing to do and could land him in even more trouble. I would imagine the fact that you have an unrelated witness and have made the initial complaint that this will be an open/shut case for the police.

Insurance may take a while, but stick with it. He may have left the scene because he wasn't insured though....the police will find that out easily enough and then he'll be in even more trouble!

Good luck!
Old 26-08-09, 11:15 AM   #25
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
He may have left the scene because he wasn't insured though....the police will find that out easily enough and then he'll be in even more trouble!
He has the reg, even easier to look it up on www.askmkid.com - assuming he's not bought a policy since the accident that is
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-09, 11:20 AM   #26
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
He has the reg, even easier to look it up on www.askmkid.com - assuming he's not bought a policy since the accident that is
Well if he has......he's made it worse for himself in the eyes of the police...lol. Nothing worse than trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes in this way. They'll know when his insurance was valid and when it wasn't...........maybe he really is a dumbass...lol
Old 26-08-09, 02:11 PM   #27
Bunks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
Oooh, Bunks.....I really hope you get a good result on this. If the guy claims he was not there, he is in effect calling into question the character of your witness, which is not a good thing to do and could land him in even more trouble. I would imagine the fact that you have an unrelated witness and have made the initial complaint that this will be an open/shut case for the police.

Insurance may take a while, but stick with it. He may have left the scene because he wasn't insured though....the police will find that out easily enough and then he'll be in even more trouble!

Good luck!
Maybe I'm too soft but to be honest I'm not that worried about hauling him through the courts, to be honest I just want my bike right .

However I know he's insured because when I went to the station to produce my documents the PNC print said insurance held and my insurance has said he is insured with AXA. My concern is if he says he wasn't there or even better yeah thats my reg but I've never been to Louth, must be a cloned vehicle.

The other thing is I could understand if the witness thinks, I've had enough of this and doesn't reply to any letters. We'll just have to see how it works out. Thanks to everyone for the advice and good wishes though. Goes to show there's still loads of decent people out there!

Nick
Old 26-08-09, 02:15 PM   #28
Bunks

Quote:

What's that site, the link doesn't seem to work, does it just tell you if a vehicle is insured or does it have more details? Could get the address and send a few of the larger members of the Essex Lounge round , only joking before someone tells me not to.

Nick
Old 26-08-09, 02:25 PM   #29
Milky Bar Kid

Default Re: Someones knocked Betty over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Claim against the gutless swine. And hope old bill does them up the bourneville boulevard with something pointy (lol) for leaving the scene of the accident.

Report it to the law, I believe they have 7 days to come in and report it.
According to Section 170 RTA, they have to report it in person to a Constable or a Police Staton as soon as is reasonably practicable, and in any case, within 24 hours.

The only problem being that they were driving a fairly large vehicle so it may be possible for them to claim they were unaware they had hit your bike.

Your witness statement will help with that though.

Keep us updated!
Old 26-08-09, 02:26 PM   #30
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunks View Post
What's that site, the link doesn't seem to work, does it just tell you if a vehicle is insured or does it have more details? Could get the address and send a few of the larger members of the Essex Lounge round , only joking before someone tells me not to.

Nick
Oops

Should be www.askmid.com

My bad...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote