SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2006 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2006 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 25-06-06, 08:38 PM   #21
Viney
Mega Poster

Im off from the Wednesday, so still trying to work out, if we will go up thursday of the friday morning. I will psot back when decision is made. Ive just got back froma trip to wales, and hell i ache!! I keep forgeting how small my bike is!!
Old 25-06-06, 08:43 PM   #22
Bear

Large quantities of poo on toast!

I'm gonna be working that weekend. Spare a thought for me stuck in an airless warehouse we call the shed

Old 25-06-06, 08:45 PM   #23
Bear

AND I've just had a phone call from the Wheelie School which I had booked for tomorrow saying rain stops play.

Why me, lord, what have I done to anger you?

Jesus, buddha, mohhamed, one of you guys do something!!!

Old 26-06-06, 12:14 PM   #24
Fizzy Fish

noooo! that's a real bummer. The impressive stunt-god wheelies are just gonna have to wait for another day...

Old 28-06-06, 05:44 PM   #25
Fizzy Fish

OK, sounds like most of the interest relates to meeting at the Ace so I'm up for that. Let's say 2:30pm meet for 3pm departure, as that gets us away before the rush hour traffic.

So far it looks like it'll be:

1. RizlaSV
2. Cazza
3. Deeas

Dirtydog - not sure where you're travelling from but you're welcome to join us

Lynw/Spiderman/anyone else - let me know if you're interested

Old 28-06-06, 05:52 PM   #26
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizlaSV
OK, sounds like most of the interest relates to meeting at the Ace so I'm up for that. Let's say 2:30pm meet for 3pm departure, as that gets us away before the rush hour traffic.

So far it looks like it'll be:

1. RizlaSV
2. Cazza
3. Deeas

Dirtydog - not sure where you're travelling from but you're welcome to join us

Lynw/Spiderman/anyone else - let me know if you're interested
I wont be leaving untill about 4.30- 5 ish, so i'll see you there
Old 28-06-06, 07:16 PM   #27
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizlaSV
I have a spare 2 man tent Zig - but be warned it has glow in the dark stickers on it after me & a mate went to some trance festival about 10 years ago!

At least you'll know which one's yours...

The offer's there anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynw
Zig, I have a 3 person tent if you need some more room No glow in the dark stickers though.

Oh and happy to lend you 2 sleeping bags if required.
Ladies, i love you both for your kind offers which i may well take up.
Rizla's one with the glow in the dark sounds more like my kinda place to be tbh. I have glow in the dark planets and moons on my bedroom walls. Honest. And i love em.
But maybe we can chat more about this on Friday at soho.
Looks like Mrs Spidey wont be comming now

Maybe i'll take the Friday off and join you guys in the ride up there too. *waits to see what the weather gods have planned before commiting*
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 28-06-06, 07:46 PM   #28
Ed

Any ideas which way you'll be coming - obvious route is the M1 or M40, if M40 then the M42, M6, M54, A5. Be warned - ALL the motorways in the West Midlands get VERY busy on Friday from lunchtime onwards - so you might want to find a cross country route. Oh yeah there are permanent SPECS cameras on the M42, bit of a joke really cos it's so busy you can never do more than 40 anyway. And the M6 from Brum up to Wolverhampton is very heavy too.

Post an intended route, and I'll give you detailed route to the campsite. Hey with an ETA at say Telford services (J4, M54) I might even meet up with you.

Ed

Old 28-06-06, 08:05 PM   #29
Abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
Any ideas which way you'll be coming - obvious route is the M1 or M40, if M40 then the M42, M6, M54, A5. Be warned - ALL the motorways in the West Midlands get VERY busy on Friday from lunchtime onwards - so you might want to find a cross country route. Oh yeah there are permanent SPECS cameras on the M42, bit of a joke really cos it's so busy you can never do more than 40 anyway. And the M6 from Brum up to Wolverhampton is very heavy too.

Post an intended route, and I'll give you detailed route to the campsite. Hey with an ETA at say Telford services (J4, M54) I might even meet up with you.

Ed
Easist way ive found coming up to shrewsbury from down here is M25, M40, M42, M6 TOLL to avoid the awful traffic by birmingham / wolves then M54 till shrews.

Guessing not the most senic route but it will get you there :P

Heh and to think.. im not even a driver

Old 29-06-06, 01:07 PM   #30
Fizzy Fish

Haven't thought much about a route yet, but when I go visit my parents in Birmingham I come off the M40 at High Wycombe and head up A40 and A44 - it's fast has some bendy bits and tends to be pretty quiet (all the suckers take the motorway instead!) plus there's some nice scenery too

So that would be a start point anyway, unless anyone else has any inspired suggestions!