SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-06-14, 12:09 PM   #21
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: Fake Police Bikers

A local instructor here was given a warning after he bought an ex Police bike and left it looking like a Police bike, he is one of those Tw@s who likes people to think that he is a rozzer and he is in my own humble opinion also an arrogant bumhammer. As you can tell I am very fond of him and even more so since he insulted my Girlfriend. The saddest part of it is that he actually openly laughs about his behaviour on the motorway which in my view is dangerous and antisocial. I don't think that he has Polite on his white Shoei flip front yet, but I am sure that it will come.

I have a black and yellow Hi-viz jacket for when it is humping down with horribleness from the heavens, but most of the time I am in Black, black like my soul, black as a black cat lost in a coal mine oh and pink socks.

EDIT

I spoke to him tonight and told that I had posted here about this subject and he was unrepentant! He was regaling me with stories of how he was being over taken on the motorway and then people slam on the brakes as almost shoot backwards. I asked if he felt this was dangerous and was he just being a bell end and he laughed and walked away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.

Last edited by Jayneflakes; 05-06-14 at 08:09 PM. Reason: I'm telling my mum!
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 12:20 PM   #22
bat-kam

Default Fake Police Bikers

I have flip-up Nolan 104evo in white and scala rider, black jacket and trousers.
When I had DL650 with one blue side light and hi-vis waistcoat people were making room for me on the road.
Now I ride GSXR i still have the same lid and clothing but I would wear the hi-vis on motorway or fee days trip where I haven't been before.

What I am trying to say is that it depends on the type of the bike more than the gear you wear but if you put gear and touring type bike, people will take you for a police.

Those Polite hi-vis waistcoats are for equestrian orientated people
bat-kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 08:44 PM   #23
Mikey360

Default Re: Fake Police Bikers

I always make sure I wear my high vis "seatbelt" since my crash a few years back, planning to get some LED strips on the bike soon as well just to make myself extra visible incase another SIDSYM tosser is on the road!

I don't agree with the sad ol buggers role playing and playing cops and bad drivers! Think I saw one in the Oundle area on Monday on a white DRZ400, went past him at the traffic lights a bit quick and he didn't even look!