SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-12-12, 09:26 PM   #21
Bluefish

Default Re: long term unemployed to get vouchers.

What like getting a job bib?
Old 19-12-12, 09:33 PM   #22
Jackie_Black

Basically if you do nowt all day every day and there is no reason for it and you can live with it and take money off others for it and still sleep and night. Then fair play, you're a lucky *******.

I'm part man part mattress but would still feel terrible if I did nothing all the time and took money from others as a job.
Old 19-12-12, 09:37 PM   #23
Fallout
Mega Poster

With regard to aid and wars, I personally don't think the government does anything "for the good of humanity" or because it's right, or just. It's all done for a selfish reason.

The government gives Aid to improve political standing/weight in the region, amongst other reasons, not because we give a monkeys about the countries in question. We ruined the country of Iraq to gain economic advantage with placed oil companies and because America told us to. We're in Afghanistan to damage the main player in the heroin trade, and attempt to stabilize a region responsible for the majority of terrorist threats against us.

It's all too complicated to get a full handle on it, but essentially trade would be more expensive if we didn't throw money at some people and go out and murder others. Overall we're better off after some giving and killing. Then when we upset people and cause a generation of Arabs to hate us, we need to go in and kill them or install governments to suppress them for us.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)

Last edited by Fallout; 19-12-12 at 09:39 PM.
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 09:40 PM   #24
Bibio
Mega Poster

ok. so your a boss who has to hire a lazy scumbag because the gov say you have to too reduce the UP figures. that said lazy so and so makes your life hell as they don't want to be there but has to because they don't get money otherwise. lazy so and so pulls the business down and or takes a job from someone who wants one.

better to pay the lazy scum a pittance and let others who want a job have a better chance.

every time there is a recession the unemployed get hammered by the press as the unemployed figures rise. the long term unemployed are just that and will always be there no matter what as some people are just unemployable.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 09:42 PM   #25
Spank86

Someone who doesn't want to be at work but has to because they don't get money otherwise?

What are you bib, living on a trust fund?

Also having been to a B&Q, and an Argos recently I reckon I can conclusively state nobody is unemployable.
Old 19-12-12, 09:46 PM   #26
Jackie_Black

The unemployable should still do something, even if they just wash stones all day by the side of the road or duel to the death in arenas at weekends as a part of a public exhibition. I don't think they offer us good value for money as they currently area and in these times of austerity they have to offer more or have their budget cut.
Old 19-12-12, 09:51 PM   #27
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie_Black View Post
The unemployable should still do something, even if they just wash stones all day by the side of the road or duel to the death in arenas at weekends as a part of a public exhibition. I don't think they offer us good value for money as they currently area and in these times of austerity they have to offer more or have their budget cut.
If you were a man of certain pride worked all his life, who was say a reasonably well paid employee of a company who went under because of the recession, and therefore lost that job.....would you really honestly ask that man to wash stones all day at the side of the road?

Do you know how much pride is taken away to go claim JSA to feed your family for some people?

Define unemployable? Some spotty oik of 20 yrs old, or a 41 year old well groomed fella of exemplirary employment history, fallen on hard time?

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 19-12-12 at 09:53 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 09:54 PM   #28
Spank86

If the stones need washing then yes I would.

A job is a job, if its beneath your dignity to do it then it should be well beneath your dignity to take money for nothing.

(Don't jump in widepants, you aren't doing nothing, you have a job)
Old 19-12-12, 09:56 PM   #29
Bibio
Mega Poster

i don't shop at B&Q or Argos as those places are for common people so i would not know what the staff are like

and yes i'm on a trust fund funded by the government.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 09:57 PM   #30
Spank86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i don't shop at B&Q or Argos as those places are for common people so i would not know what the staff are like
Well, imagine if you went into Harrods but all the staff had been given a lobotomy and you'll be getting close.