SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-08-09, 09:43 AM   #21
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Default Re: so close to losing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil shavings View Post
yeah, I would love to try my hand at supermoto, must be such a buzz to have the rear swinging out behind you and struggling to hold the front wheel down. I had a DRZ400E which I turned into a supermoto, which I had for about a week before It was stolen and the gearing was just mental. Im not really a fan of wheelying, but it was near impossible not to, even at half throtle in 1st and 2nd the front would come up.
We quite often go up to Kinsham Raceway on the Welsh border, it's a karting track widely regarded as having the grippiest tarmac in the UK, I'm not going to make the next one in the next couple of weeks but there's time for another one or two after that before it starts to get cold and wet. If you can get yourself up there you're more than welcome to come and have a blat on the SMR - kind of like the DRZE but with 50% more power and ~25% less weight
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-09, 09:46 AM   #22
Owenski

Quote:
Yep, deep down I know all of your advice is right. Ive been riding since I was 17 and have done plently of miles and never had a crash which I guess is giving me false security.

I had a chat to alice about it last night and she said that she would understand if I wanted to go abit slower, even though she dosent want me to. lol. I guess its not the best combination when the pillion likes the near death adrenaline buzz too!

cheers guys, I will sort this before it is too late
why would you even ever say that? fate tempting anybody?
Old 21-08-09, 09:56 AM   #23
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
We quite often go up to Kinsham Raceway on the Welsh border, it's a karting track widely regarded as having the grippiest tarmac in the UK, I'm not going to make the next one in the next couple of weeks but there's time for another one or two after that before it starts to get cold and wet. If you can get yourself up there you're more than welcome to come and have a blat on the SMR - kind of like the DRZE but with 50% more power and ~25% less weight
wow, sounds great
thanks alot, let me know and I will be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsmatt7 View Post
why would you even ever say that? fate tempting anybody?
I dont mind, I dont worry about fate lol. I know that I can ride fine, yes I was probably pushing too hard, so I will back off abit.
Old 21-08-09, 10:18 AM   #24
Owenski

Quote:
I dont mind, I dont worry about fate lol. I know that I can ride fine, yes I was probably pushing too hard, so I will back off abit.
I dont belive in fate literally but I do belive in meaning behind the phrase "tempting fate" when I was into the down hill mountian biking, one thing you NEVER did was say "this is my last run" You always always always said "This one then one more". but never did we do the 2nd run.
Reason: You always bin it on your last run of the day.

I aint gonna comment on your riding ability or style, I know nothing of it and Im damn sure if you can ride like that with a pillion your far better than I am anyway, but please dont say you've never had a crash lol I'll not be the only one who chringed when they read that.