SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-07-11, 10:01 PM   #21
hongman

Default Re: Best interviewee ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Hong, if the machine was still in warranty then that was prolly the right answer
lol - I've been done!
Old 27-07-11, 10:15 PM   #22
beabert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Better plan

1) Wait till someone leaves their screen unlocked.

2) Print Screen their Desktop

3) Set Screen Print as Desktop Wallpaper

4) Hide Desktop Icons

5) Set Taskbar to Auto-Hide

6) Wait for the call saying that they can move their mouse but not click on anything

7) Laugh
Ive had great fun with that before

Another at school, switch mice around with two adjacent computers lol.
Old 28-07-11, 07:43 AM   #23
metalangel

Our machines desperately need defrag to be run, but that needs admin privileges despite it being nigh-on impossible to screw anything up.

Another prank (in my office, everyone has at least a four-screen setup) is to go into display properties. You can then specify how the monitors are physically arranged... and rearrange them. Now to get from the leftmost monitor to the next one he has to go off the TOP edge, then to get to the next monitor he has to go LEFT and appears on the far right monitor.
Old 28-07-11, 07:59 AM   #24
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Better plan

1) Wait till someone leaves their screen unlocked.

2) Print Screen their Desktop

3) Set Screen Print as Desktop Wallpaper

4) Hide Desktop Icons

5) Set Taskbar to Auto-Hide

6) Wait for the call saying that they can move their mouse but not click on anything

7) Laugh
you geeks crack me up
Old 28-07-11, 08:21 AM   #25
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
Our machines desperately need defrag to be run, but that needs admin privileges despite it being nigh-on impossible to screw anything up.

Another prank (in my office, everyone has at least a four-screen setup) is to go into display properties. You can then specify how the monitors are physically arranged... and rearrange them. Now to get from the leftmost monitor to the next one he has to go off the TOP edge, then to get to the next monitor he has to go LEFT and appears on the far right monitor.

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-11, 08:32 AM   #26
Pimp Cat

Ctrl + Alt + (Left Arrow or Down Arrow Or Right Arrow) Up Arrow will get you back to normal! lol.
Old 28-07-11, 08:35 AM   #27
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalangel View Post

If you want some REAL fun - look for Synergy+

It allows you to use more than one computer from one keyboard and mouse as if they were a single large desktop - and its multi-playform

I am sitting here with 2 laptops, both with external monitors for a total of 4 screens running left to right.

The leftmost screen is the Windows laptop, with its second screen to the right of it, this acts as the synergy server. To the right of it is the external monitor connected to the laptop thats screen is right of it, it runs Ubuntu.

Control works just like any multi-desktop set up.

So go, install Synergy+ on 2 adjacent machines and give control of both to one of them.

The guy on the Synergy+ Client box can use his machine as normal, but if the other guys mouse pointer strays onto his desktop its time to fight for control.

Of course the other bit of fun to be had is to install the client on the machine of someone who sits next to you and every now and then take over their machine and open/close windows , and as cut and paste works, you can type "iexplore www.[insert embarassing site].com" into word pad, put it in the cut and paste buffer, move your mouse onto their screen, click on the start button and paste it into the "search programs and files" (or "run") box.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-11, 08:42 AM   #28
keithd

you lot.... try booze fags and women. maybe not all of them, maybe just one of them. But give them a try, they're so much better than what you've all described
Old 28-07-11, 08:44 AM   #29
krhall

Or in a recent bout of interviews (a mixture from different candidates):

Q: What made you apply for the role?

A: My mum said it would be a nice place to work.
A: I need a job.

Q: What do you do to keep up to date with technology?

A: Nothing my boyfriend tells me about computers and stuff!
A: Facebook.

Q: What interests you most about the role?

A: Nothing really I just want to get into the organisation then speak to other people and see what else is about.

Q: Some of the work can be mundane at times, during such tasks how would you keep yourself motivated?

A: Think about my lunch.

Q: What about if it was after lunch?

A: Think about going home?
Old 28-07-11, 08:51 AM   #30
krhall

Then when asked about dealing with confidential information one candidate was doing really well, right up until the point they dropped in the full names of the people involved in the situation they were describing, then followed up by saying "of course I would never send any confidential information by text!"...