SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-01-12, 09:14 PM   #21
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country
Default Re: hyosung

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
CBR600F has half decent forks that you can set up to work really nicely. But then again until recently they were hondas 600 sportsbike, not budget market at all until RR came out.
True that was the only one I could think of except the Thundercat, which went the same way a lot earlier.

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 09:16 PM   #22
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFridge View Post
Well, that's even better. Anybody still considering the Hyosung is even more of a numpty then.
yep

My local dealer has got the outgoing ER6 f for £5100 list

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 08:22 AM   #23
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't touch a Hyosung myself, but your original reply was just ludicrous and you have absolutely no real evidence to back it up.
Personally, if an engine blows up and the outcome looks like this:

Then I'd say there's been a structural failure on one of the parts in the engine, but that's just me and my opinion.
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008

Last edited by Steve_God; 06-01-12 at 08:26 AM.
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 09:50 AM   #24
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

In hyosungs defence, they're still bags of crap, but SV's blow up from time to time too.
Old 06-01-12, 10:34 AM   #25
tom-k6

any engine will blow up given abuse, it just depends how long it took and how much abuse it took
Old 06-01-12, 12:14 PM   #26
muzikill
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-k6 View Post
any engine will blow up given abuse, it just depends how long it took and how much abuse it took
Build quality can prevent this scenario from happening though. If it's being marketed as a sportsbike you would expect it to take a bit more strain. And according to the posts on hyosung faults even thought they have been 'corrected' they are shockingly dangerous faults.

Incorrect sized intake valves fitted causing engine seizing? wtf is that all about? - someone could have died because of that incorrect tooling issue from the factory.

Big Fail.
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.

Last edited by muzikill; 06-01-12 at 12:19 PM.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 12:21 PM   #27
metalmonkey

I know someone with the 125 version of this, its a pile of cra* its not that old and falling apart. I looked at the brakes as he said they didn't work to well, that was mess try sort that out. I wouldn't buy one, or suggest people should any type of this bike.
Old 07-01-12, 03:13 AM   #28
Destruktor77

Hmmm, a lot of digging at these Hyosungs...

I had a 2006 one for my 125 for a year up until early November this year.

Good looking bike in my opinion, and has a few decent parts on it as mentioned USD forks which where actually quite decent, adjustable rear shock and a decent rear tire size. The breaks on mine were perfectly good enough for the bike. The engine had a decent amount of pull, with me at 11 1/4 stone and my friend at 12.5 it still managed 60mph (top speed i reached 79) I looked like a big bike and handled a bit like one too which was great to learn before moving up to a larger cc. For a 125 it sounded awesome with a Blue Flame exhaust but as mentioned the rest of the exhaust did age quite badly but not enough to cause problems, some of the paint on the frame had rusted but a quick sand showed it was barely eating the steel.

Mine had sat outside for 4 months prior to me buying it and lived outside the entire time and has stood up quite well to the weather.

They're surely heavier than need be but I didn't find that too much of a problem, and at 6,2 it fit me very well.

Parts did take along time to deliver 1 month for a new chain adjuster.

Overall mine wasn't a bad bike at all, I'd recommend the 125 model for a good bike to bridge the gap decent mpg and little problems.

Although I'd definitely choose an SV over the Hyosung 650 any day!
Old 07-01-12, 08:57 AM   #29
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destruktor77 View Post
History of a Hyosung
So if I'm reading this right, you bought it at 4 months old and kept it for a year?

For paint on the frame to let rust through and the exhaust to corrode to any level is not a good performance on a bike that young.

I sold my SV at 23,500 miles and 5 years old from new. It was used all year round and there was no corrosion on it. The only finish problem related to corrosion (not crashes) was flaking engine paint.
Old 07-01-12, 11:04 AM   #30
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

People say SV's rot, but it's not exactly true as it's only cosmetic surfaces on ally castings... not bits you want to retain the integrity of like the exhaust... and the frame and swingarm!

If you want a decent 125 buy a TZR...