SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 29-06-06, 01:40 PM   #21
stuartyboy

Cheers guys and gals thanks for the great advice.

I'm really looking forward to the new bike I can't tell you and the nerves are not so bad now. I just had a crap night on the 125 the other night and my head went down.

A bit about me - I'm 41 going on 21. Been on mountain bikes forever. My mate and me decided it was time to get some power between our legs so we both went and did our DAS. I must say that even the CBT opened my eyes a huge amount - and I've always been considerate to anyone on any form of 2 wheels.

There are parralells between mountain biking and motor biking that I seem to have brought accross - braking and suspension. You learn excellent front brake control on the down hills and learn how to feel what your suspension is doing. Where the huge difference is in the power, weight and size. It's taken me a good bit of getting used to but it's introduced a slight element of fear. That and all the negative stuff people say when you tell them you're getting a bike.

I've never actually been out with anyone but I'm looking forward to that.

Cornering is great (even on a 125) and it'st he best feeling t do a series of corners well.

I know that it's all down to experience so I just need to take things easy and enjoy it.

Oh...forgot. Thanks for the advice about the roadcraft book. I actually bought one just after I got my test. Great book and a constant lavvy companion.

Roll on Monday! A whole weekend of dreaming and excitement.