SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-11-08, 09:54 AM   #21
benp1

Default Re: Backpack!

do you guys worry about what you put in the bag and how it will affect your back if you come off?

I've been using tank bags and tail packs for the time being, plus it means I don't have to wear my stuff while I'm riding, though I can see the benefits when off the bike
Old 20-11-08, 10:09 AM   #22
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Yeah I think about it, I try to avoid pointing any razor sharp spikes at my spine, usual stuff I have in there is a pair of waterproofs and an A4 pad, not going to do much harm.
Old 20-11-08, 10:25 AM   #23
Ceri JC

No experience of those, but given how well made their tailpacks are, I'd be inclined to go for the Kriega myself.
Old 20-11-08, 10:29 AM   #24
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by benp1 View Post
do you guys worry about what you put in the bag and how it will affect your back if you come off?

I've been using tank bags and tail packs for the time being, plus it means I don't have to wear my stuff while I'm riding, though I can see the benefits when off the bike
I've come off a bike at 60 with all sorts of spiky things like mains plugs in my unpadded rucksac. The laptop on the side nearest my back took most of the force and the back protector I was wearing took care of the rest. I didn't feel a thing. So no, carrying stuff in a rucksac doesn't overly concern me- I worry more about the shoulder straps rubbing and messing up the rather ablative fabric of my textiles.

That said, I would always pack the backpack with the chance of an off in mind and when I have to carry a metalspike (like the anti-pinch pin) it always goes in the luggage on the bike.

Last edited by Ceri JC; 20-11-08 at 10:42 AM.
Old 21-11-08, 06:07 PM   #25
d3nch

Default Re: Backpack.

Hi...

Im also looking at bags at the moment. I need something that can cater for a mac book. I have found two, and im trying to decide between them...

What do you think?

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/VANUCCI_R...8&category=203

http://shop.motorcyclenews.com/ProductDetail.aspx?catID=(Luggage)&prodID=make=Ogi o|model=No%20Drag%20Bike%20Rucksack

Im open to any other suggestions, but I will need something that i can transport my laptop in. I want a back pack over a box because i need to get off and continue carrying my stuff around at college...

Dont mean to hijack the thread at all, I just didnt want to start a new thread when there is one already open on bags!

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Add
Old 21-11-08, 08:22 PM   #26
Lozzo

Quote:

I always wear a full length Knox race back protector anyway, so it doesn't bother me.
Old 21-11-08, 08:23 PM   #27
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
I wear a back protector too, I also tend to not put sharp objects in there either, and so far so good.
Old 21-11-08, 08:25 PM   #28
zsv650

ive got a plastic lunchbox in mine i sometimes wonder what it'd do if i fell off.
Old 21-11-08, 08:26 PM   #29
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650 View Post
ive got a plastic lunchbox in mine i sometimes wonder what it'd do if i fell off.
Squash ya sarnies....
Old 21-11-08, 08:29 PM   #30
zsv650

if it's on cheese day we're good ham though is a cost thats unnaceptable.