SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-05-06, 02:49 PM   #21
Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid
Kidney stones. 'Nuff said.
i ended up in hospital a couple of times because of it (a couple of time cos i disscharged myself after i felt ok)

and ended up with an operation to remove them, where they "went in" to retirve them with a grippy thing.

NOT NICE
Old 23-05-06, 02:51 PM   #22
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by K
Pain... I have friends who take care of that for me.

They're called Mr Tramadol-Hydrochloride and Mr Diclofenac-Sodium and very nice they are too.
When i fractured my back they offered that to me but i declined and took only paracetamol and diclofenac. Diclofenac (NSAID) tastes funny, its like having a fizzy refresher. Tramadol i had available but decided that i was not in pain then stopped taking the paracetamol about 2 days after the accident but only because the nurses did not allow me to stop earlier.

I actually expected my back to hurt far more when the accident happened, that way i could complain more.

What did hurt was the Heparin injections, i dont like needles and so when they went to put it in my stomach i tensed up and the needle would not go in easily. In the end i started to ask them to put it in the side as it did not get affected by my stomach muscles. Darn the stuff stings.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-06, 03:05 PM   #23
Carsick

I'd say the worst was recovering from an operation on my chest. They went in through the side, between ribs.
I had a chest drain for 4 days and was on morphine all of that time. The few times I was vaguely conscious I was easily in enough pain to bring me to tears.
When I got home I only got given Volterol. I suspect this drug is fairly good, but it simply couldn't cut it and I couldn't sleep for about a week.
Oh, and the morphine going into my thigh wasn't fun either, it burns.

edit: oh, and nipple piercings sting a bit. it's bad enough when they're done but the absolute worst bit is some git whacks them with a stick or something (don't ask)
Old 23-05-06, 03:22 PM   #24
Stormspiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharriso74
Rugby is good for you, list so far from Union not the simplified League abomination
You keep your Kick-chase mate, like watching the chuckle brothers....to me then...to you then..to me then ..to you then, hold on he knocked on 10 minutes ago lets go back to that for a scrum and a few more kicks.

So far...

Dislocated Femur: U15's, scored a try, landed on by 14 stone prop, Leg popped out of place. tryed standing up and fell over....popped it back in . that stung

Ruptured Kidney: 15th Minute of game played on my 19th birthday, Scored but was caught by a stray boot. Got up thinking i was only winded and carried on to score another later in the game

Broken hand: 15 seconds into SWY cup Semi, Caught ball from kick-off and was caugth by the oponents 9, stood on my hand and i got penalised for punching out ( ball in 1 hand, other under his foot Must have used my 3rd hand ) Carried on knowing full well it was broken and we won to put us into final.

Not much else other than pulled muscles and bumps & bangs not much else.
Old 23-05-06, 03:30 PM   #25
socommk23

was on roller blades...traveling at 35mph being dragged by a 11.5 sm kite.....hit park bench with shins! huge pain ensued!

ogh and a phesant on the upper arm at 80mph!
Old 23-05-06, 03:31 PM   #26
Anonymous

After getting severe gravel rash after jumping of my SV at 110mph wearing Jeans. Taken to hospital, x-rayed, then released - still with gravel in legs. It was so deep in the knees you could see bone. And on my left calf it was big and deep and oh so fleshy. *Yummy* got a great photo somewhere.

That was little painful, but thankfully natural adrenaline took most pain away.

What REALLY hurt was the next day... sat in the bath... with a sterile scrubbing brush...

...scrubbing my wounds clean.

Now THAT Fecking hurt. I sat there for 30 mins, drank 1/4 bottle of whiskey (and i HATE whiskey), giving myself a prep talk.... then when i did put scrub to flesh...

AAARRRGGGhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Reason for self cleaning my wounds - NHS didnt have the resources.

I took 3 weeks off work cos i couldnt walk. Then quit my job when my manager tried to tell me that my absence was "unwarrented".

Biatch!

Love to push her out of her car at 110mph wearing jeans!
Old 23-05-06, 03:33 PM   #27
socommk23

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyerkneedown
After getting severe gravel rash after jumping of my SV at 110mph wearing Jeans. Taken to hospital, x-rayed, then released - still with gravel in legs. It was so deep in the knees you could see bone. And on my left calf it was big and deep and oh so fleshy. *Yummy* got a great photo somewhere.

That was little painful, but thankfully natural adrenaline took most pain away.

What REALLY hurt was the next day... sat in the bath... with a sterile scrubbing brush...

...scrubbing my wounds clean.

Now THAT Fecking hurt. I sat there for 30 mins, drank 1/4 bottle of whiskey (and i HATE whiskey), giving myself a prep talk.... then when i did put scrub to flesh...

AAARRRGGGhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
hospitals have always been rubbish when i needed one too!

they only help the non tax payer!
Old 23-05-06, 03:35 PM   #28
Lou M

Eek, I'm sat here gringeing. Well after childbirth - 62 hours thank you, it has to be four wisdom teeth out, they wouldn't come out easily so they cut through the side of my mouth, in three parts.
Then when I pulled my achiles tendon.

But these all pale with what I've read here.

Nutty x
Old 23-05-06, 03:53 PM   #29
Mr Toad

This

was nothing compared with having to say to Mrs Toad a few weeks ago

"err, I've crashed it again"

Old 23-05-06, 04:08 PM   #30
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad
This
I trod on a rake once as well.

If that's the first time you've heard that, I'll be amazed.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote