SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-12-08, 04:06 PM   #21
ArtyLady

Default Re: hyperthetical question re breathalyser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
i tried that excuse telling them i had ashtma (which i have) after 3 failed attempts i was arested, then taken to the police station and given a blood test
Sorry to hear that happened to you Hovis. I took up Saxophone - my asthma has improved remarkably

Back to Tim's concern, I would certainly be tempted to carry a letter with me if I were her, at least it would be proof to them that she isn't just trying to evade and they would hopefully use common sense when/if they took her into the police station to do a blood test.

I carry an emergency supply of my meds on me at all times, plus a copy of my prescription (just to prove they are prescribed to me) and DVLA also know all about my meds/conditions etc.
Old 18-12-08, 04:33 PM   #22
Bluepete
Mega Poster

The Officer stopping would be able to arrest if they suspected she had consumed alcohol and was unable to provide a breath sample. If there was no suspicion, ie, not falling over a lot like her hubby, in reality, most Cops would understand and that would be that.

If she were arrested, the intox proceedure in the custody office would allow her to give blood or urine for analysis. The typical wait for results is three weeks.

HTH,

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-08, 04:35 PM   #23
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
But I would not believe you either. Your guilty, end of. 20 years in the Vaseline pits for you. enjoy.
yeah, i was hammered,

(although i was not driving)