SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 04-10-07, 09:56 AM   #21
ScottishRawker

Default Re: October Photo Competition

mine is a sunset portrait, hope it still can be entered.
ScottishRawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 11:31 AM   #22
John 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3 View Post
London eye

that looks amazing mate...* runs of to dust off camera *
Old 04-10-07, 11:40 AM   #23
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
that looks amazing mate...* runs of to dust off camera *
glad you like it
Old 04-10-07, 01:26 PM   #24
John 675

Quote:
glad you like it
i think its composed really well and the exposure is about as spot on as you get with very little light, not much grain or digital noise either
IMHO it was either done on a very good automatic camera or you know what your doing,
top marks in my book mate
Old 04-10-07, 03:01 PM   #25
TC3

Quote:
i think its composed really well and the exposure is about as spot on as you get with very little light, not much grain or digital noise either
IMHO it was either done on a very good automatic camera or you know what your doing,
top marks in my book mate
I see you know what you are talking about
Taken on a Pentax k100D with a 25 year old Tokina 28mm lens and the pic was hand held with a shutter speed of 1 second and iso 1600. No noise removal software was used.
Old 04-10-07, 03:15 PM   #26
John 675

Quote:
I see you know what you are talking about
Taken on a Pentax k100D with a 25 year old Tokina 28mm lens and the pic was hand held with a shutter speed of 1 second and iso 1600. No noise removal software was used.
hand held as well !
if your kicking out pictures like that mate and from the equipment your using, you MUST start ( if you havent already ) getting your work published..
if you have never considered it before i can point you in the right direction as im sure others on the org could too, just ask mate if your interested

although im not saying anyone elses is rubbish VERY far from it. all the work on here is Exceptional
scottish rawker : alot of your work that i have seen has been impressive, i like the soft light used to highlight your shilouette subject
EDIT : Just looked at your sv pics too.. liking them alot very urban look to them slow shutter looks ace too!
those tokina lens are excellent, infact ive never known one to barrel or ghost..

i'm liking this thread alot!
EDIT: to be honest my work at the moment has been ok but nothing amazing.. took some at bsb donnington which were okay.. but looking at these threads i might, put more effort into my photography and start submitting my work again.. lol, i kind of lost the buzz when i moved jobs..
so thanks to you all !
*Cant wait to get home now*

Last edited by John 675; 04-10-07 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-10-07, 03:50 PM   #27
ScottishRawker

Quote:
hand held as well !
scottish rawker : alot of your work that i have seen has been impressive, i like the soft light used to highlight your shilouette subject
EDIT : Just looked at your sv pics too.. liking them alot very urban look to them slow shutter looks ace too!

Thank you and im only 18 :P hehehe but i am studying an HND in photograph. The soft light was the silver side of a reflector.
ScottishRawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 03:55 PM   #28
John 675

Smile Re: October Photo Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishRawker View Post
Thank you and im only 18 :P hehehe but i am studying an HND in photograph. The soft light was the silver side of a reflector.
thought so, although i thought it would of been the gold side for the warmth lol,
i used to work for jessops when i was 19 - 21 and that was ace because evrything was about photography, and i started freelancing for Horse and hound, then i moved jobs and it died off.. horse and hound still call me ever so often but i havent done anything for them to use.. i got bored of shooting nags however expensive they were...
Old 04-10-07, 04:24 PM   #29
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishRawker View Post

I did an HND in photography about 15 years ago! Digital was unheard of then really!
Do you intend to make a living from it? I did but it wasn't for me, hence the ****ty shift work!
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 05:34 PM   #30
thumper21

Taken from my sittingroom window