SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-04-08, 01:00 PM   #21
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: I want to complain at work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare View Post
And what is worse is is rumoured she is fraternising with certain managers.
Ah, so you ARE a sexist then Just kidding, but if she's disliked and the only woman then it's no wonder there's rumours like this, they might be true or they might not but you've got to wonder where they started.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-08, 01:27 PM   #22
DanDare

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
Ah, so you ARE a sexist then Just kidding, but if she's disliked and the only woman then it's no wonder there's rumours like this, they might be true or they might not but you've got to wonder where they started.
Ok they're not rumours, they are true! She has been seen with at least 4 members of staff, 3 are supervisors.
Old 24-04-08, 07:29 PM   #23
seedy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare View Post

I'm not sure what I'm expecting or aiming to achieve, I am told she has had a telling off before but it seems it hasn't affected her.
Get this sorted out before you go into writing or any meetings.

You need to present a clear statement of the problem, the evidence that you have that the problem really exists, and what you would find a satisfactory resolution (but keep it proportional!)

In the abscence of any of these you will come across as a whinger.
With them all in place you come across as genuinly concerned, organised and reasonable. It also has the effect of removing the managers option to "have a word with her" ie cop out.

HTH
Old 25-04-08, 08:52 PM   #24
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
You need to complain in line with the grievance process. If your line manager lacks the balls to do anything about it, then complain to the next one up. And so on.
If you do it in line with the Grievance process then you will have to have someone present whenever you speak to her(or not as the case may be)/she speaks to you. All conversations will be documented with a witness present, I believe with someone of your choosing. Read into your company policy for the Grievance Process, it can be long and drawn out. It depends how far you want to go. As for the smell you could just place a bottle of shower gel and deodorant on her desk when she isn't looking and she might take the hint...
Old 25-04-08, 09:52 PM   #25
SV-net

Dan do you work for a large company?
Old 26-04-08, 07:51 AM   #26
kitkat

just get to your boss and stop whispering in corners about her, she is more likely to have grounds for complaint if she cottons on that it is her you are all talking about. take charge and I bet the other wusses will just follow you. good luck